Homeschooling In Nevada
If you live in the state of Nevada, beginning your homeschool journey is easier than you think. Being informed of what is legally required of you and what your rights are as a homeschooler, can help ensure that you have a positive experience. While there are a few steps you must follow to start homeschooling in Nevada, they certainly aren’t the hardest. This page provides a general overview for families homeschooling in Nevada that includes information on getting started, homeschool laws, standardized testing, and much more.
- How to Start Homeschool in Nevada
- Nevada Homeschooling Laws
- Nevada Homeschool Associations
- Nevada Homeschool Groups and Co-ops
- Nevada Homeschool Field Trips
- Nevada Standardized Testing and Test Prep
- Why Time4Learning is the Leading Homeschool Curriculum in Nevada
- How to Build the Best Homeschool Curriculum for PreK-12 in Nevada
This information should by no means be interpreted as legal advice. It is your responsibility to interpret and understand the laws that you will be homeschooling under.
How to Start Homeschooling in Nevada
In order to legally homeschool your child in Nevada you must comply with the following:
- File a Notice of Intent to homeschool
- Include educational plan
- Teach the required subjects
- Choose your homeschool curriculum (curriculum choice is up to the parent)
- Begin enjoying learning together!
Once the school district received your NOI, they will send you a written acknowledgement.
Nevada Homeschooling LawsHomeschooling laws in Nevada require parents to do two things:
- File a one-time Notice of Intent (NOI) to homeschool form, along with an Educational Plan of Instruction.
- Teach the required subjects of English, which includes reading, composition, writing, math, science, and social studies which includes history, geography, economics, and government.
Nevada Homeschool AssociationsFor new homeschoolers, or new residents to the state of Nevada who plan on homeschooling, homeschool associations can provide much needed support and information. There are two main homeschool associations in the state that families can become members of. In addition to offering advocacy and up to date information on homeschooling, some also host events and activities for families.
- Nevada Homeschool Network (NHN)
- Northern Nevada Home Schools (NNHS)
Nevada Homeschool Groups and Co-opsAs a homeschooler in Nevada, it benefits your family to join one of the many homeschool groups and/or co-ops in the state. Both you and your child will be able to take part in field trips, special events, classes, and more. Most Nevada homeschool groups and co-ops are run by parents who volunteer their time, giving you the opportunity to put any special skills or talents to use. In addition, students are able to socialize with other homeschoolers and create lifelong friendships. To discover how to find a support group near you, start with our Nevada Homeschool Groups and Co-ops page.
Nevada Homeschool Field TripsIncorporating educational field trips into your homeschool is one of the many ways you can enrich your child’s learning . As the seventh largest state, Nevada offers tons of things for families to do like museums, state and national parks, and more. To browse all the field trips opportunities in the Silver State, visit our Homeschool Field Trips in Nevada post. Please make sure to contact each site before you plan your visit, as COVID-19 may have impacted their hours of operations.
Nevada Homeschooling by CityHomeschooling in the Silver State offers plenty of opportunities to explore homeschool-friendly destinations in major metropolitan areas. Discover what Nevada has to offer below:
Nevada Standardized Testing and Test Prep
In Nevada, there are no standardized test requirements for homeschooled students. However, many families still like to have their students evaluated in some way to assess how they are progressing and to determine if there are any areas that need reinforcement. Furthermore, parents are free to choose their own method of evaluation should they choose to have their child tested.
Why Time4Learning is the Leading Homeschool Curriculum in Nevada
Time4Learning’s award-winning homeschool program allows you to easily take control of your child’s education. Our online curriculum includes Nevada’s required core subjects:
- English curriculum (including reading, composition, and writing)
- Math Curriculum
- Science Curriculum
- Social Studies Curriculum (including history, geography, economics, and government)
Because homeschoolers in Nevada have the option to teach their children using any homeschool method and curriculum, parents oftentimes focus on the educational strategies used by different programs to choose their ideal course of study. Below are a few of the features that make Time4Learning a popular choice for homeschoolers in Nevada.
- Student-paced approach allows children to progress at their own pace.
- Low monthly fee, no contract and money back guarantee.
- Access to various levels and option to set different grade levels by subject.
- Promotes independent learning with simple to use format.
- Printable worksheets and other resources help reinforce content.
How to Build the Best Homeschool Curriculum for PreK-12
Nowadays, there are endless options when it comes to homeschool curricula. Gone are the days when the only options were textbooks and workbooks. Parents can tailor their child’s homeschool experience based on their individual learning styles and preferred learning method. However, new homeschoolers may find all the information and resources available overwhelming. That’s why many parents find that mixing different tools and activities usually keeps their children stimulated and eager to learn. For more information, review How to Build the Best Homeschool Curriculum for PreK-12.
Nevada Unit Study Supplement
Help your homeschooler learn interesting history and geography facts about Nevada in this Time4Learning unit study supplement.
Online Curriculum for Homeschool, Afterschool and Summer Use
In addition to being an award-winning choice for homeschool families, Time4Learning also offers an online after school program to help build your child’s skills. View our lesson demos and discover why thousands of families in Nevada are already using it!
Give your student the chance to get back on track or explore exciting electives and get ahead for the next school year with Time4Learning’s online summer school. Our educational materials will engage and challenge your child to succeed.