Seventh-Grade Homeschool Curriculum and Lesson Plans
Most students in seventh grade are usually 12-years-old or 13-years-old. Seventh graders explore more independence in their schoolwork, discover new interests, and gain a better understanding of themselves.
Seventh-grade students should be able to:
- Apply math to everyday activities
- Understand and apply basic concepts of geometry
- Read fluently, analyze the text and infer its message
- Understand the human body and its different systems and functions
- Learn to recognize the different cultures
Time4Learning’s seventh-grade homeschool curriculum will help your child reach their learning objectives for the year. Our corresponding lesson plans will help you stay on track throughout your homeschooling journey.
What to Look for in a Seventh-Grade Homeschool Curriculum
If you’re new to homeschooling and learning how to homeschool seventh grade or looking for a new homeschool curriculum, it’s essential to keep these things in mind when choosing the right middle-school curriculum.
- Does the curriculum help prepare students for high school courses?
- Are students able to work at their own pace and on their schedule?
- Variety of science and social studies courses to choose from, with the option to change courses anytime
- Does it provide a variety of learning opportunities such as instructional videos, virtual labs, and interactive lessons?
- Are there recordkeeping tools to help parents keep track of progress?
Time4Learning’s Math Curriculum and Lesson Plans for Seventh Graders build on the skills learned in sixth grade and will further your child’s knowledge and proficiency in:
- Number sense and operations
- Geometry and spatial sense
- Ratio and proportional relationships
- Data analysis
Language Arts Curriculum
Time4Learning’s Seventh-Grade Language Arts Curriculum and Lesson Plans build on the skills learned in sixth grade and will prepare your child to:
Develop complex writing skills
Apply punctuation, grammar, and syntax skills
Recognize and apply grade-appropriate vocabulary
Read with fluency, with a focus on comprehension
Write more in-depth research papers
Social Studies Curriculum
Our Seventh-Grade Social Studies Curriculum helps students master concepts in physical and human geography, and understand how the two are connected. They will explore the diversity of both the Earth’s features and its inhabitants around the world. Students will compare systems of governments, standards of living, and other factors from various places including the United States, Europe, Asia, Africa, Latin America, and more. Course objectives include:
- Examine methods used to study and compare regions, such as demographic data, economic indicators, maps, etc
- Identify and locate major landforms, bodies of water, countries, etc
- Analyze how physical processes change and shape the Earth’s surface
- Describe the factors that can cause cultures to change
Time4Learning recognizes how important it is that students head into high school with a strong foundation in standards-based science inquiry. Our Seventh-Grade Science Curriculum is correlated to state standards and organized into three primary courses:
Why Choose Time4Learning’s Seventh-Grade Homeschool Curriculum?
Our online seventh-grade homeschool curriculum teaches students through fun, interactive lessons and activities, printable worksheets, and more. With a simple-to-follow format that builds on previous material, students build math, science, language arts skills, and more.
Below are a few more reasons why parents use Time4Learning’s seventh-grade curriculum in their homeschool.
- Fun, interactive pre-K-12 curriculum teaches math, language arts, science, and social studies
- Detailed lesson plans provide information on each lesson and activity
- Spelling lists and science supply lists enhance the online material
- Activity planners and other tools help parents stay organized and plan for the year
- Automated grading and recordkeeping make it easy for you to track progress and create homeschool portfolios
Try Time4Learning Risk Free!
- PreK-12th Online Curriculum
- 24/7 Access to 3,500+ Lessons and Activities
- Automated Grading & Reporting
- Activity Planner for Easy Scheduling
- Start, Stop, or Pause Membership Anytime