High School Biology Curriculum
Time4Learning’s biology curriculum is one of three science courses offered at the high school level. Students can expect to see various concepts being covered including understanding cells, genetics, viruses, the human body, and more.
Use the links below to learn more about what your high schooler’s biology curriculum should include:
What Do You Teach in High School Biology?
Literacy in science is of essence for all citizens in our modern society. In high school, a biology curriculum should focus on actively engaging students with the world around them. Students should gain in-depth knowledge of the different living organisms and the environments they each live in to better protect, sustain or enhance the natural environment.
When selecting a biology curriculum for your high schooler, make sure it teaches:
- The interactions among organisms and their biophysical environment.
- The building blocks of life.
- Cell biology and cellular processes
- Molecular genetics and heredity
- The structure of a human being
Learn more about Time4Learning’s biology curriculum by checking out the 9th grade scope and sequence and the 9th grade math lesson plans.
Learning Objectives for Biology
High School biology will teach students about the basics of life while also challenging high schoolers to complete labs, record findings, and walk through the scientific process from start to finish.
Students should gain real-life science experience with nature studies, dissections, and microscopic slide kits. Some of the learning objectives you set can look something like this:
- Accurately explain the characteristics of living things.
- Describe the energy flow between organisms in an ecosystem.
- Define the human impact on the environment.
- Recognizes the scientific difference between living and nonliving things.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of DNA and genetics.
- Understands the differences in blood types.
- Knows how to conduct a dissection.
- Understands the molecular basis of heredity.
- Understand and describe the fossil record.
Why Choose Time4Learning’s Biology Curriculum
Time4Learning’s biology course is taught using a combination of multimedia lessons, instructional videos, quizzes, tests, and both online and offline projects. Students will gain a deep understanding in a wide range of topics as well as learn how to use models to explain the different processes of living things such as photosynthesis, energy flow, and more.
Our homeschool program provides tons of practice and activities to keep students interacting with the online biology course.
Every year, more and more families choose Time4Learning’s high school biology curriculum to help their students achieve their science goals. Here’s why:
|As a Full Curriculum
||As a Supplement