Sixth-Grade Homeschool Curriculum and Lesson Plans
Most students in sixth grade are usually 11-years-old or 12-years-old. In general, by the end of sixth grade, students should have good organization skills and be able to work independently. They should possess more advanced math skills such as place value and decimal work up to the hundredths place. In this crucial grade, they should write clearly, tell a story, provide detailed information, and back up their opinions on the language arts front.
Time4Learning’s sixth-grade homeschool curriculum will help your child reach their learning objectives for the year. Our corresponding lesson plans will help you stay on track throughout your homeschooling journey.
What to Look for in a Sixth-Grade Homeschool Curriculum
If you’re new to homeschooling and learning how to homeschool sixth grade or simply looking for a new homeschool curriculum, it’s essential to keep these things in mind when choosing the right sixth-grade curriculum.
- Does the curriculum help prepare students for high school courses?
- Are students able to work at their own pace and on their schedule?
- Variety of science and social studies courses to choose from, with the option to change courses anytime
- Does it provide a variety of learning opportunities such as instructional videos, virtual labs, and interactive lessons?
- Are there recordkeeping tools to help parents keep track of progress?
Time4Learning’s Math Curriculum and Lesson Plans for Sixth Graders build on the skills learned in fifth grade and will further your child’s knowledge and proficiency in:
- Number sense and operations
- Geometry and spatial sense
- Functions and probability
Language Arts Curriculum
Time4Learning’s Sixth-Grade Language Arts Curriculum and Lesson Plans build on the skills learned in fifth grade and will further your child’s knowledge in:
- Reading and understanding different genres
- Supporting answers with details and facts
- Using different research sources
- Understanding grammar rules, punctuation, capitalization
Social Studies Curriculum
Your Sixth-Grade Social Studies Curriculum and Lesson Plans will focus on the study of ancient cultures and world history. We offer four middle school courses to choose from:
- Ancient World History Curriculum
- Civics, Government, and Economics Curriculum
- World Cultures and Geography Curriculum
- US History Curriculum
Your Sixth-Grade Science Curriculum and Lesson Plans include the three courses to choose from below. Life science is usually the recommended course for sixth graders. However, Time4Learning members can select a different middle school science course for their child if they choose.
Why Choose Time4Learning’s Sixth-Grade Homeschool Curriculum?
Our online sixth-grade homeschool curriculum teaches students through fun, interactive lessons and activities, printable worksheets, and more. With a simple-to-follow format that builds on previous material, students build math, language arts skills, and more.
Below are a few more reasons why parents use Time4Learning’s sixth-grade curriculum in their homeschool.
- Fun, interactive pre-K-12 curriculum teaches math, language arts, social studies, and science
- Detailed lesson plans provide information on each lesson and activity
- Spelling lists and science supply lists enhance the online material
- Activity planners and other tools help parents stay organized and plan for the year
- Automated grading and recordkeeping make it easy for you to track progress and create homeschool portfolios
Try Time4Learning Risk Free!
- PreK-12th Online Curriculum
- 24/7 Access to 3,500+ Lessons and Activities
- Automated Grading & Reporting
- Activity Planner for Easy Scheduling
- Start, Stop, or Pause Membership Anytime