Fourth Grade Homeschool Curriculum and Lesson Plans
Is your fourth grader questioning your decisions, challenging your authority, and expressing opinions different from your own? Congratulations! You have an independent learner. Although frustrating for parents, a child’s contrariness can mean something quite positive for their homeschooling. It means your student is ready to take at least some of the reins on their learning.
Time4Learning’s fourth grade homeschool curriculum will help your child reach their learning objectives for the year. Our corresponding lesson plans will help you stay on track and organized throughout your homeschooling journey.
What Do Fourth Graders Learn?
In 4th grade, students will learn to use research tools to write reports. They will master addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division skills and start to explore simple geometry.
They will read and create their own charts, graphs, and tables. At this age, fourth grade science students will start to understand the complexity of the systems in nature. And this year, 4th graders will focus on everything from ancient civilizations to modern economic principles in social studies.
What to Look for in a Fourth Grade Homeschool Curriculum
Most fourth graders are about eight or nine years old and seek independence as they explore the world around them. If you’re new to homeschooling and learning how to homeschool fourth grade or simply looking for a new homeschool curriculum, it’s essential to keep these things in mind when choosing the right curriculum.
- Does the curriculum make learning fun and keep children engaged?
- Is the material taught in a clear way using real-world examples?
- Does it include reporting tools that make tracking progress easy?
- Are there plenty of opportunities for children to reinforce skills?
- Do the activities promote problem-solving skills?
Time4Learning’s Math Curriculum and Lesson Plans for Fourth Graders build on the skills learned in third grade and will further your child’s knowledge and proficiency in mathematical skills such as:
- Addition and subtraction with regrouping
- Understanding place value
- Solving problems with decimal points
- Memorizing math facts with the help of fact families
- Creating a number sentence or equation from a word problem
- Finding perimeter and area of a shape by counting units
- Understanding both the traditional and metric systems
Language Arts Curriculum
Time4Learning’s Fourth Grade Language Arts Curriculum and Lesson Plans build on the skills learned in third grade and will further your child’s knowledge in language arts and expand proficiency in:
- Reading comprehension
- Developing active listening
- Developing critical thinking
Time4Learning’s Fourth Grade Science Curriculum and Lesson Plans build on the skills gained in third grade and challenge your child with progressively more complex material. An effective science curriculum will encourage students to observe, ask questions, and explore concepts for themselves. Topics covered include:
- Scientific inquiry and investigation
- Changes in matter and energy
- Engineering & technology
- Solar system & universe
- Living things, life cycles, and food webs
Social Studies Curriculum
Your Fourth Grade Social Studies Curriculum and Lesson Plans will continue to build a foundation of knowledge in geography, economics, civics, and history. In addition to focusing on the regions of the United States, the Time4Learning curriculum covers:
- Geography of North America
- European Exploration
- First Cultures of the Americas
- U.S. Civics
Why Choose Time4Learning’s Fourth Grade Homeschool Curriculum?
Our online fourth grade homeschool curriculum teaches students through fun, interactive lessons and activities, printable worksheets, and more. With a simple-to-follow format that builds on previous material, students build math, language arts skills, and more.
Below are a few more reasons why parents use Time4Learning’s fourth grade curriculum in their homeschool.
- Fun, interactive PreK-12 curriculum teaches math, language arts, social studies, and science
- Detailed lesson plans provide information on each lesson and activity
- Spelling lists and science supply lists enhance the online material
- Activity planners and other tools help parents stay organized and plan for the year
- Automated grading and recordkeeping make it easy for you to track progress and create homeschool portfolios