Homeschooling in Georgia
As the leading homeschool curriculum in Georgia, Time4Learning knows that your family has specific requirements to follow. We also know that you want to provide your child with the absolute best possible educational experience. Here are valuable homeschooling resources and information for anyone looking to homeschool in Georgia:
- How to Start Homeschool in GA
- Georgia Homeschooling Laws
- Georgia Homeschool Associations
- Georgia Homeschool Groups and Co-ops
- Homeschool Field Trips in Georgia
- Georgia Standardized Testing and Test Prep
This information should by no means be interpreted as legal advice. It is your responsibility to interpret and understand the laws that you will be homeschooling under.
How to Start Homeschooling in GA
According to Georgia’s home study law, parents who wish to homeschool their child should:
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- Submit annually a declaration of intent to homeschool to the Georgia Department of Education by Sept 1st or within 30 days of establishing your homeschool.
- Choose the ideal curriculum for your family. (In Georgia, homeschool curriculum choice is up to the parent.)
- Teach the required subjects and no less than 180 days each year.
- Have their child participate in standardized testing every three years after third grade. Keep records of such tests.
- Begin enjoying learning together!
Georgia Homeschooling Laws
Georgia’s homeschool regulations require parents to:
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- Comply with compulsory school attendance for any child six years old by Sept 1. Homeschooling is one way to comply.
- Provide a basic academic educational program of five subjects (math, science, English language arts, social studies and reading).
Find out more in our Georgia Homeschooling Laws page
Georgia Homeschool Associations
When you are still in the “research” phase of homeschooling, a state homeschool association can be an incredibly helpful resource. It often contains answers to most of the frequently asked questions you have, like “How does homeschooling work in Georgia?” and What resources are available to me if I run into problems?” Even after your homeschooling adventure has begun, though, a homeschool association can continue to be an asset throughout the different stages of homeschooling. Find out what homeschool associations are in the state of Georgia and why you might want to join one on our Georgia Homeschool Associations page. Learn more: Georgia Homeschooling Associations
Georgia Homeschool Groups and Co-ops
Just because you are now in charge of your child’s education doesn’t mean that you have to go this homeschooling thing alone. Georgia is a vibrant homeschooling state with local and regional homeschool support groups in almost every area of the state. Head over to our Georgia Homeschool Groups and Co-ops page to discover more about what to expect from participating with a local support organization. Read more here: Georgia Homeschool Groups and Co-ops
Homeschool Field Trips in Georgia
Although you may have already recognized that homeschooling gives you more options concerning how to educate your child, you might not have yet grasped the incredibly flexibility it offers. You won’t have been homeschooling for long before it suddenly dawns on you that learning isn’t something that just happens in a classroom. It can happen anywhere and everywhere you happen to be! The other great news is that Georgia is packed with destinations and day trips where your children will have the opportunity to get up close and personal with their schooling. Visit our Homeschool Field Trips in Georgia post to browse field trips ideas for every area of the state. Learn more: Homeschool Field Trips in Georgia
Georgia Homeschooling by CityHomeschooling in Georgia is exciting because of all the homeschool-friendly spaces available throughout the state. Discover what the Peach State has to offer below:
Georgia State Test Prep
In addition to providing standards-based instruction in areas that are most often tested on nationally-normed tests, Time4Learning curriculum also provides test prep practice throughout the lessons. Learn more about Georgia’s standardized tests.
Why Time4Learning is the Leading Homeschool Curriculum in Georgia
Time4Learning is one of the most popular curricula chosen by tens of thousands of homeschool families, including a great many in the state of Georgia. Here are just a few of the reasons that so many families trust Time4Learning as their core curriculum or supplemental resource for homeschooling.
- Children love using the computer to learn. Time4Learning is a convenient, online homeschool curriculum that combines education with interactive fun.
- Time4Learning’s parent dashboard makes keeping up with your child’s progress straightforward with at-a-glance updates as well as printable reports.
- The engaging, multimedia curriculum is just of the many perks of becoming a Time4Learning member!
Try Time4Learning Risk Free!
- PreK-12th Online Curriculum
- 24/7 Access to 3,500+ Lessons and Activities
- Automated Grading & Reporting
- Activity Planner for Easy Scheduling
- Start, Stop, or Pause Membership Anytime