High School Trigonometry Curriculum
Time4Learning’s online trigonometry course is one of five math courses offered at the high school level. This one-semester course is designed for students that have successfully completed a second year of algebra and desire to improve their analytic math abilities and understanding of trigonometry.
Our trigonometry curriculum is taught using a combination of multimedia lessons, instructional videos, quizzes, tests and both online and offline projects. All instruction is standards-based and helps to prepare students for college math courses.
On this page you will discover what topics are covered in a high school trigonometry course, learn more about the general objectives for trigonometry, and find out how families can use Time4Learning as their main curriculum for homeschool trigonometry or as a supplement to other programs.
What Do You Learn in Trigonometry?
The study of trigonometry is the study of distances. It uses geometrical constructions to determine the measurement of angles from the ratio of the lengths of the sides. Mathematicians have used trigonometry throughout history to determine distances between objects without having to measure them.
Some of the lessons included in Time4Learning’s online trigonometry curriculum for high school students are:
- The Six Trigonometric Functions
- Circular Functions
- Graphs of Trigonometric Functions
- The Law of Sines and Cosines
- Trigonometric Identities
- Trigonometric Equations
- The Polar Coordinate System
Learning Objectives for High School Trigonometry
The topics that are covered in trigonometry encourage students to use problem solving and prepare them for future pursuits that may include STEM (science/technology/engineering/math) careers. Trigonometry has uses in such areas as surveying, navigation, drawing and architecture.
Throughout the trigonometry course, students will reach for the following goals:
- Defining and applying the six trigonometric functions
- Understanding the connection between trigonometric and circular functions
- Graphing all six trigonometric functions and their transformations
- Solving problems in oblique triangles using the Law of Sines, Cosines, and area formulas
- Using the basic trigonometric identities to verify other trigonometric identities and to simplify complex trigonometry expressions
- Solving trigonometric equations
- Plotting points and graphing equations in the polar coordinate system
- Using trigonometry concepts to solve real-world problems
Why Choose Time4Learning’s High School Trigonometry Curriculum?
Time4Learning’s one-semester trigonometry curriculum uses rich core content and interactive assignments and tools to enable students to apply knowledge in innovative ways. By breaking instruction into small chunks, pacing instruction properly, and capitalizing on multimedia instruction and graphic organizers to present information, students have an easier time retaining what they learn.
Some of the reasons that our trigonometry curriculum is popular with both parents and students include:
|As a Full Curriculum
||As a Supplement
Additional 12th Grade Homeschool Resources
- 12th Grade Curriculum Overview
- Math Curriculum for Twelfth Grade
- Language Arts Curriculum for Twelfth Grade
- Social Studies Curriculum for Twelfth Grade
- How to Homeschool Twelfth Grade
- 12th Grade Scope & Sequence
- 12th Grade Lesson Plans