Online Kindergarten Homeschool Curriculum
Kindergarten is such an exciting time for children and their families. Most kindergarten students are about four or five years old. It’s often the first time children begin their homeschool journey, and it helps set the stage for future learning.
Time4Learning’s kindergarten homeschool curriculum will empower your child to reach their learning objectives for the year. Our corresponding lesson plans will help your family stay organized and on track throughout your homeschool journey.
What Do Kindergarteners Learn?
In kindergarten, students learn and begin to develop numerous fundamental skills that can have a lasting impact on them well into their adult years. Although not all states require children to attend kindergarten, studies have shown that there are numerous benefits to receiving a kindergarten education.
Below are just a few of the skills and concepts students will learn this year:
- Academic skills such as reading, writing, and counting
- Behavioral, social and cognitive skills
- Sitting and paying attention, focusing on a task, and working with others
- Nailing down their letters, sounds, and words
- Fundamental math skills such as counting by 1s, 2s, 5s, 10s
- Basic addition and subtraction
- Identifying shapes
Learn more about how Time4Learning can help your student achieve their academic goals by viewing our kindergarten lesson plans pages.
What to Look for in a Kindergarten Curriculum
If you’re new to homeschooling and learning how to homeschool kindergarten or simply looking for a new homeschool curriculum, it’s essential to keep these things in mind when choosing the right curriculum.
Does the curriculum make learning fun and keep young children engaged?
Is the material taught in a clear way using real-world examples?
Does it include reporting tools that make tracking progress easy?
Are there plenty of opportunities for children to reinforce skills?
Do the activities promote problem-solving skills?
Math Curriculum and Lesson Plans
TIme4Learning’s kindergarten math curriculum includes over 200 kindergarten learning activities in many different themes. Guided and motivated by animated characters, students will learn the following:
- Counting and recognizing numbers and patterns
- Addition and subtraction
- Identifying differences between 2D and 3D shapes
Language Arts Curriculum and Lesson Plans
With over 350 activities spread across 24 chapters, Time4Learning’s kindergarten language arts homeschool curriculum will help your child:
- Recognize letters and their sounds
- Read sight words
- Develop a basic vocabulary
- Develop spelling skills
Kindergarten Science Curriculum
Time4Learning’s kindergarten science homeschool curriculum teaches different branches of science through interactive activities, fun songs, and hands-on projects. Using fun, interactive animations, students learn scientific concepts such as:
- Qualitative and quantitative observations
- Differences between living and nonliving things
- Different types of animals and their characteristics
- Earth’s materials and how living things use them
Why Choose Time4Learning’s Kindergarten Homeschool Curriculum?
Time4Learning understands how crucial it is to get started on the right path to ensure your homeschooling experience is a success. Especially at this young age, the last thing parents want to worry about is the administrative part of homeschooling. Kindergarteners need consistency but also variety in their lessons. We provide a fun and engaging curriculum for kindergarten for students and handle the administrative function for parents.
Below are a few more reasons why parents use Time4Learning’s kindergarten curriculum in their homeschool.
- Fun, interactive PreK-12 math, language arts, and science
- Detailed lesson plans provide information on each lesson and activity
- Spelling lists and science supply lists enhance the online material
- Activity planners and other tools help parents stay organized and plan for the year
- Automated grading and recordkeeping tools make it easy to track progress and create homeschool portfolios