Sonlight®: How Do I Use It With Time4Learning?
Sometimes, after you are done exploring the pros and cons of two different curriculums, you’ll find that there are aspects of each that would benefit your student. The beauty of homeschooling is you don’t have to pick one or the other; you can use both Time4Learning and Sonlight® curricula to create the best homeschool program for your individual student. Let’s look at how that might work.
A Mix-and-Match Approach to Homeschool
Are you finding yourself wanting to include multiple homeschooling programs and resources into your homeschool routine? Consider yourself an eclectic homeschooler! Eclectic homeschooling is when a homeschooling family uses multiple curricula to meet their families needs and actually a large portion of homeschoolers fall under this category.
Every learner is different. When evaluating your child’s learning needs, you’ll need to consider:
- Your student’s learning style
- Whether your student has a learning disability
- Whether your student is gifted in one or more areas
- Which subjects your student needs additional help with
- How independently your student is able to work
- What extracurriculars your student is interested in
- What your overall educational goals are for your student
The answers to these questions usually mean picking and choosing more than one homeschool tool to fulfill all your student’s needs.
Using Time4Learning and Sonlight® Together for Homeschool
There might be several reasons you want to use both Time4Learning and Sonlight® concurrently in your homeschool. Those might include:
- Introducing an online curriculum into your homeschooling routine for a particular subject
- To help students tackle specific subjects or concepts by approaching them from multiple angles to master concepts
- Using Time4Learning as your core curriculum and supplementing Sonlight® for biblically-based instruction in some subjects
- A desire to combine both the flexibility and independent learning from Time4Learning with a more hands-on parent input curriculum like Sonlight®
Supplementing an online curriculum with a literature-rich curriculum can be the perfect fit for your families needs. While Time4Learning is an online curriculum and Sonlight® is book-based, they certainly can complement each other. For example, you might have your student do their Time4Learning lessons in the morning hours, then reinforce the lesson with an hands-on activity sheet with Sonlight® in the afternoon.
Or, if you have multiple students at multiple levels and limited access to an internet-connected device, one could be working on Sonlights® Couch-Subjects™ or Table Subjects™. Couch Subjects are those that can be accomplished while sitting on the couch, while Table Subjects are those that can be done at a table or desk. And the other student can be completing their math, language arts, science, or social studies exercises on Time4Learning!
Want to know more about how Time4learning compares with Sonlight® for homeschooling? You might be interested in:
- Time4Learning vs Sonlight®: Overview
- Time4Learning vs Sonlight®: Features
- Time4Learning vs Sonlight®: Pricing
- Time4Learning vs Sonlight®: Pros and Cons
*Time4Learning is not affiliated with Sonlight®. Time4Learning’s purpose with this article is to provide information to families who are considering an eclectic approach to homeschooling or who wish to compare the benefits of using both curricula. Time4Learning’s products and services are not endorsed or sponsored by Sonlight®.
Online Curriculum for Homeschool, Afterschool and Summer Use
If you are just learning about Time4Learning, we’d suggest first looking at our interactive lesson demos.
Sign up for Time4Learning and gain access to a variety of educational materials, which will engage and challenge your child to succeed. Make Time4Learning a part of your children’s homeschool resources success.