Homeschooling in Colorado
According to Colorado homeschooling laws, you have three great options to homeschool your child: register with your school district, enroll in an umbrella school, or being taught by a licensed teacher in the state. Below, you’ll find information on many different aspects of Colorado home education including everything from how to enroll in homeschool to choosing the best Colorado homeschool programs.
- How to Start Homeschooling in Colorado
- Colorado Homeschool Laws
- Colorado Homeschool Umbrella Schools
- Colorado Homeschool Associations
- Colorado Homeschool Groups and Co-ops
- Homeschool Field Trips in Colorado
- Colorado Standardized Testing and Test Prep
- Why Time4Learning is the Leading Homeschool Curriculum in Colorado
This information should by no means be interpreted as legal advice. It is your responsibility to interpret and understand the laws that you will be homeschooling under.
How to Start Homeschooling in Colorado
Right off the bat, you’ll need to know the steps to homeschooling in Colorado:
- Decide which option you want to homeschool under: registration with school district, enrollment in umbrella school, or via a licensed teacher
- Research and follow the legal requirements for your chosen method
- Choose the ideal curriculum for your family.
- Start enjoying learning together!
Colorado Homeschooling LawsHomeschoolers have three distinct options for how to homeschool in Colorado:
- Submit a notice of intent to the local school district
- Enroll in an independent school which serves as an “umbrella” for homeschoolers
- Have your student taught by a Colorado licensed teacher
Colorado Umbrella SchoolsDeciding whether to follow the regulations of your school district versus the regulations of an independent umbrella school can be a tough decision. Before making your choice, find out more about the Non-Public School law on our Colorado Homeschool Umbrella Schools page.
Colorado Homeschool AssociationsDid you know that Colorado has a statewide association just for homeschoolers? A homeschool association offers homeschoolers a place to find the most up-to-date information on home education in a state. If you’d like to know more about the services offered to you in CO, visit our Colorado Homeschool Associations page.
Colorado Homeschool Groups and Co-opsOnce you have a handle on the homeschool options in Colorado and how to comply with state regulations, you can turn your attention toward connecting with other homeschoolers near you. As a vibrant homeschooling state, Colorado has many homeschool support groups and co-ops to choose from. Learn more about how to locate homeschool support near you on our Colorado Homeschool Groups and Co-ops page.
Colorado Homeschool Field TripsAs a new homeschooler, you are about to discover that learning happens both in and outside the four walls of your home. Homeschooling offers families the flexibility to enhance their lessons with experiential learning. Please make sure to contact each site before you plan your visit, as COVID-19 may have impacted their hours of operations. Browse the many educational travel opportunities you have by viewing our list of Homeschool Field Trips in Colorado.
Colorado Homeschooling by City
Parents in the Centennial State have so many exciting places to explore and make their homeschooling journey the most enjoyable one. Discover everything Colorado has to offer:
Colorado State Test Prep
To help your children prepare for standardized tests, you can enroll them in a test prep program or buy books that help them practice test-taking strategies. Time4Learning curriculum not only provides standards based instruction in areas that are most often tested on nationally normed tests, but it also provides test prep practice within lessons throughout the grade level. Learn more in our Colorado test prep page.
Why Time4Learning is the Leading Homeschool Curriculum in Colorado
Whether it is a literature-based program, textbooks and workbooks, or even an online school, Colorado homeschoolers have full choice over the curriculum they use. Many of the families in the Centennial State have chosen to use Time4Learning’s multimedia curriculum as their core curriculum or as a supplement to other programs. Here are some of the reasons why Time4Learning is so popular in Colorado:
- PreK-12th grade coursework is correlated to state standards and helps students get prepared for required annual testing.
- It has a low monthly price, does not require a contract, and provides a money-back guarantee.
- No need to purchase a large package of materials you may or may not use. Time4Learning’s monthly subscription model allows you to use the program exactly as much and as long as you need.
- Your subscription gives you access to the grade below and above your registered level in grades 1-7 so you can review or even accelerate where needed.
- Lesson planning, record-keeping and assessments are taken care of. Simply sit down with your child and enjoy the engaging, multimedia lessons together.
Try Time4Learning Risk Free!
- PreK-12th Online Curriculum
- 24/7 Access to 3,500+ Lessons and Activities
- Automated Grading & Reporting
- Activity Planner for Easy Scheduling
- Start, Stop, or Pause Membership Anytime