Homeschooling in Colorado
According to Colorado homeschooling laws, you have three great options to homeschool your child: register with your school district, enroll in an umbrella school, or being taught by a licensed teacher in the state. Below, you’ll find information on many different aspects of Colorado home education including everything from how to enroll in homeschool to choosing the best Colorado homeschool programs.
- How to Start Homeschooling in Colorado
- Colorado Homeschool Laws
- Colorado Homeschool Umbrella Schools
- Colorado Homeschool Associations
- Colorado Homeschool Groups and Co-ops
- Homeschool Field Trips in Colorado
- Colorado Standardized Testing and Test Prep
- Why Time4Learning is the Leading Homeschool Curriculum in Colorado
- How to Build the Best Homeschool Curriculum for PreK-12 in Colorado
This information should by no means be interpreted as legal advice. It is your responsibility to interpret and understand the laws that you will be homeschooling under.
How to Start Homeschooling in Colorado
Right off the bat, you’ll need to know the steps to homeschooling in Colorado:
- Decide which option you want to homeschool under: registration with school district, enrollment in umbrella school, or via a licensed teacher
- Research and follow the legal requirements for your chosen method
- Choose the homeschool curriculum you want to use
- Begin enjoying learning together!
Colorado Homeschooling LawsHomeschoolers have three distinct options for how to homeschool in Colorado:
- Submit a notice of intent to the local school district
- Enroll in an independent school which serves as an “umbrella” for homeschoolers
- Have your student taught by a Colorado licensed teacher
Colorado Umbrella SchoolsDeciding whether to follow the regulations of your school district versus the regulations of an independent umbrella school can be a tough decision. Before making your choice, find out more about the Non-Public School law on our Colorado Homeschool Umbrella Schools page.
Colorado Homeschool AssociationsDid you know that Colorado has a statewide association just for homeschoolers? A homeschool association offers homeschoolers a place to find the most up-to-date information on home education in a state. If you’d like to know more about the services offered to you in CO, visit our Colorado Homeschool Associations page.
Colorado Homeschool Groups and Co-opsOnce you have a handle on the homeschool options in Colorado and how to comply with state regulations, you can turn your attention toward connecting with other homeschoolers near you. As a vibrant homeschooling state, Colorado has many homeschool support groups and co-ops to choose from. Learn more about how to locate homeschool support near you on our Colorado Homeschool Groups and Co-ops page.
Colorado Homeschool Field TripsAs a new homeschooler, you are about to discover that learning happens both in and outside the four walls of your home. Homeschooling offers families the flexibility to enhance their lessons with experiential learning. Please make sure to contact each site before you plan your visit, as COVID-19 may have impacted their hours of operations. Browse the many educational travel opportunities you have by viewing our list of Homeschool Field Trips in Colorado.
Colorado State Test Prep
To help your children prepare for standardized tests, you can enroll them in a test prep program or buy books that help them practice test-taking strategies. Time4Learning curriculum not only provides standards based instruction in areas that are most often tested on nationally normed tests, but it also provides test prep practice within lessons throughout the grade level. Learn more in our Colorado test prep page.
Why Time4Learning is the Leading Homeschool Curriculum in Colorado
Whether it is a literature-based program, textbooks and workbooks, or even an online school, Colorado homeschoolers have full choice over the curriculum they use. Many of the families in the Centennial State have chosen to use Time4Learning’s multimedia curriculum as their core curriculum or as a supplement to other programs. Here are some of the reasons why Time4Learning is so popular in Colorado:
- Children love using the computer to learn. Time4Learning is a convenient, online homeschool curriculum that combines education with interactive fun.
- PreK-12th grade coursework is correlated to state standards and helps students get prepared for required annual testing.
- It has a low monthly price, does not require a contract, and provides a money-back guarantee.
How to Build the Best Homeschool Curriculum for PreK-12
Homeschool curriculum choices have expanded over the last decade. Parents have much more to choose from than typical textbooks, workbooks, and other traditional schooling methods. Online courses, interactive videos, personal computers, laptops, and tablet devices provide exciting and engaging materials for children to experience. But all of these new methods often confuse parents, especially those who are new homeschoolers. Eventually, parents come to realize that mixing different tools and activities usually keeps their children stimulated and eager to learn. For more information review How to Build the Best Homeschool Curriculum for PreK-12.
Colorado Unit Study Supplement
Help your homeschooler learn interesting history and geography facts about Colorado in the Time4Learning unit study supplement.
Online Curriculum for Homeschool, Afterschool and Summer Use
In addition to being an award-winning choice for homeschool families, Time4Learning also offers an online after school program to help build your child’s skills. View our lesson demos and discover why thousands of families in Colorado state are already using it!
Give your student the chance to get back on track or explore exciting electives and get ahead for the next school year with Time4Learning’s online summer school. Our educational materials will engage and challenge your child to succeed.