Colorado Homeschool Associations
It is estimated that almost a million students are homeschooled in Colorado. As you can imagine, a state with that many homeschoolers needs an organization to support them. The Colorado homeschool association is called “Christian Home Educators of Colorado” or CHEC. On this page you will learn about the goals of CHEC and discover some of the benefits of becoming a member of a statewide homeschool organization.
CHEC Homeschool Association
Christian Home Educators of Colorado, the Colorado state homeschool organization, defends homeschool freedom in Colorado and helps families homeschool with confidence through our information, leadership, and resources. Although CHEC is a faith based organization, they serve all homeschoolers in Colorado, regardless of their religious affiliation. Learn more about the Colorado homeschool law and get plugged in to the homeschool community at CHEC.org
Benefits Offered by a Homeschool Association
In addition to information on specific aspects of homeschooling, a statewide homeschool association often has other services that families may find useful such as:
- An events calendar for homeschool-related events around the state
- Updates on legal issues relating to homeschool that could impact your family
- A list of ways to connect with other homeschoolers in your local area
- A list of any retail or organizational discounts you may be eligible for as a homeschooler
- An organized homeschool convention for networking, workshops, and browsing curriculum options
Additional Resources Related to Homeschooling Colorado
Have other questions about homeschooling in Colorado? You may find the following pages helpful.
- Homeschooling in Colorado
- Colorado Homeschooling Laws
- Colorado Homeschool Umbrella Schools
- Colorado Homeschool Groups and Co-ops
- Homeschool Field Trips in Colorado
Welcome to Homeschooling Guide
Download this FREE resource where experienced homeschoolers share their stories for how to begin homeschooling, understanding your child academically, planning your days, and much more.