Calvert®: How Do I Use It With Time4Learning?
Perhaps you have examined the different features and pros and cons of both Time4Learning and Calvert®, but have come to the conclusion that there are pieces of each that you like. The good news is that you don’t have to choose one or the other; you can blend both programs into the ideal homeschool mix for your individual student. Let’s look at how that might work.
A Mix-and-Match Approach to Homeschool
There’s actually an official name for a homeschool style that takes parts from multiple homeschool programs and resources to create a customized education for your child. It’s called “eclectic homeschooling” and a large segment of homeschool families use the approach.
Why? Because it’s unusual for one single program or resource to meet all the needs of an individual student. Every learner is unique. When evaluating your child’s learning needs, you’ll need to consider:
- Your student’s learning style
- Whether your student has a learning disability
- Whether your student is gifted in one or more areas
- Which subjects your student needs additional help with
- How independently your student is able to work
- What extracurricular your student is interested in
- What your overall educational goals are for your student
The answers to these questions usually mean picking and choosing more than one homeschool tool to fulfill all your student’s needs.
Using Time4Learning and Calvert® Together for Homeschool
Once you’ve explored both Time4Learning and Calvert® more thoroughly, you may have wondered if you could combine the two programs. Examples of reasons you might want to incorporate both curricula into your homeschool plan might include:
- You already use Calvert® for your high school student, but recognize that your middle schooler thrives with a more animated and interactive style of program.
- To help students tackle specific subjects or concepts by approaching them from multiple angles.
- You have both a homeschooler using Calvert® and a student in traditional school who would benefit from Time4Learning as an after-school supplement.
- A desire to combine the interactive learning style of Time4Learning’s lessons with an accredited school program like Calvert®.
Because they vary in their delivery style, it is easy to integrate each into your homeschool schedule. For example, you might have your student do their Time4Learning lessons on the computer in morning hours, then follow up with Calvert® Education’s textbook studies in the afternoon. Or, if you have students at multiple levels and each has access to an internet-connected device, one could engage with the activities on Calvert®, while the other was completing their math, language arts, science, or social studies exercises on Time4Learning.
*Time4Learning is not affiliated with Calvert®. Time4Learning’s purpose with this article is to provide information to families who are considering an eclectic approach to homeschooling or who wish to compare the benefits of using both curricula. Time4Learning’s products and services are not endorsed or sponsored by Calvert®.
Online Curriculum for Homeschool, After-school and Summer Use
If you are just learning about Time4Learning, we’d suggest first looking at our interactive lesson demos.
Sign up for Time4Learning and gain access to a variety of educational materials, which will engage and challenge your child to succeed. Make Time4Learning a part of your children’s homeschool resources success.