If you have chosen to homeschool in Vermont, you may need information, resources, and curriculum that will help you get started. This page aims to help guide you through the process of homeschooling in the Green Mountain State. Take a few minutes to read through it, and feel free to share this page with other new homeschoolers in your state.
To find out more about the legal requirements for homeschooling in Vermont, Time4Learning recommends that you visit your state’s Department of Education website. Each state in the U.S. has different requirements for homeschooling families, and these requirements can frequently change, so we suggest doing thorough research to make sure that you are complying with your individual state regulations. You can also visit one of these sites:
- Home Education in Vermont by Ann Zeise
- Homeschool World Vermont support groups
- High School Homeschooling Laws by State
*This information was not compiled by a lawyer. This should by no means be interpreted as legal advice. It is your responsibility to interpret and understand the laws that you will be homeschooling under.
Vermont Homeschool Resources
Both new and veteran homeschoolers can benefit from the wealth of Vermont homeschool resources available. Although Vermont does not currently have a statewide homeschool association, many counties in Vermont have at least one local support group for homeschoolers. We’ve listed a few of the starting points for finding out more about homeschooling resources in Vermont:
- Vermont Homeschooling Information– – About.com’s site for information, resources and support for all Vermont homeschoolers
- Vermont Christian Homeschool Mothers– – A Yahoo group connecting Christian homeschool moms across the state
After his first day using Time4Learning, my son looked over at me and said 'I'm really smart mom!' That statement is priceless!
Time4Learning started out as a supplement, but has now become more of a center piece to our homeschooling. I wasn't expecting that at all!
Homeschooling with Time4Learning
Time4Learning’s experience shows that there is no single, best homeschool material. Rather than feeling torn between homeschool resources, parents should select a diverse blend of materials and activities.
For families with more than one child, choosing a homeschool curriculum can be more problematic. What works for one child may not work for another. What works for one subject may not work on the next. What works one year, may fall flat the very next year.
Some of the features that make Time4Learning so successful include:
- Time4Learning appeals to a wide range of learning styles. Our online learning materials are especially well-suited to children who are visual or kinesthetic learners. These children can take advantage of Time4Learning’s interactive, multi-media materials.
- Children like using the computer to learn. It’s a convenient, interactive homeschool resource that provides a welcome change each day to paper-and-pencil workbooks and textbook-based lessons.
- Parents like that it tracks progress and helps children advance by clearly presenting and reinforcing each lesson.
- Time4Learning’s self-paced, modularized lesson plans allow you to move forward and back through the materials whenever you want. You can skip lessons that teach concepts your child has already mastered and repeat those he or she has not. The choice is yours. With Time4Learning, you are always in control.
Time4Learning is proven effective with homeschoolers, has a low monthly price, is easy-to-use, and provides a money-back guarantee so you can make sure that it works for your children!
Sign up for Time4Learning as part of your overall homeschool curriculum.
If you have any more questions or comments about homeschooling in Vermont, head over to the Vermont Parent Forum.
Some Helpful Tools and Resources
Welcome to Homeschooling Guide – Are you new to homeschooling?This guide was written by seasoned homeschoolers to answer some of the difficult questions new families often struggle with.
Curriculum Lesson Plans – An overview of what’s available for each grade and subject.
Homeschool Portfolio Information – Answers common questions about homeschool portfolios and evaluations. It includes tips on organization methods, what to include and how Time4Learning can be used as part of your homeschool portfolio.
Online Parent’s Forum – Reach out to homeschoolers in your area, join discussions, ask questions and trade ideas on our online community of homeschooling parents. Having the support of seasoned homeschoolers can really help make your homeschooling journey a success.
Hints & Help Section – Whether you’re new to Time4Learning, a long term member, or a future member with questions about how the program works, this section answers questions about navigation, lesson planning & previewing, how the teacher guides and worksheets work, and more!
Puffin Academy App – Learn how to use Time4Learning on most mobile devices with the Puffin Academy app for iOS and Android! Get details on this kid-friendly app, including how to download and use it on the go with Time4Learning.