Oklahoma Homeschool Associations
In such a relaxed homeschooling state as Oklahoma, you can find an organization ready to provide the support to all those who choose this education path for their children. As Oklahoma’s single statewide homeschooling association, “OCHEC is committed to equip Oklahoma home educators, inform all who want to know more, and encourage those who choose this path to educate their children.”
OCHEC is an extensive resource for all things homeschooling in the Sooner State: their website offers a guide to homeschooling, a list of support groups by region, a list of events and enrichment activities, a resource tab, interesting homeschooling statistics, an overview of virtual education and an accompanying list of Oklahoma state charter schools, a seasonal newsletter, and so much more.
About Oklahoma Christian Home Educators Consociation
The Oklahoma Christian Home Educators Consociation was started in 1982 by George and Becky Gardner as a way to offer support to homeschool parents.
The organization is managed by a volunteer advisory board of six veteran homeschooling couples who abide by the organization’s statement of faith and serve a three-year term. The Gardner’s vision is “To advance Christ-centered home education as the standard in Oklahoma by serving the needs and protecting the rights of current and future home educators.”
Four different levels of membership exist to fit your family’s needs and the many benefits include:
- Discounted or free admission to the OCHEC convention
- Teacher/member ID card to show for discounts/reduced prices at businesses
- Access to the members only section on website
- Free MP3 download of keynote speeches
- Free MP3 download bundle of all convention sessions
- Invitation for two to the convention’s Speaker Dinner and the OCHEC Appreciation Gala
- Tax deduction of $800
Why Join a Homeschool Association
Some of the many benefits to joining a state homeschool association include:
- Support and guidance
- A comprehensive guide to homeschooling in your state
- A go-to spot for essential resources such as support group lists, charter school lists, state homeschool law updates, tips on dealing with social workers, helpful links, and a blog.
- An annual convention with speakers, workshops, and curriculum vendors
- A seasonal newsletter
- Statewide and regional events and group activities
Additional Resources Related to Homeschooling Oklahoma
Have other questions about homeschooling in Oklahoma? You may find the following pages helpful.
- Homeschooling in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Homeschooling Laws
- Oklahoma Homeschool Groups and Co-ops
- Homeschool Field Trips in Oklahoma
Welcome to Homeschooling Guide
Download this FREE resource where experienced homeschoolers share their stories for how to begin homeschooling, understanding your child academically, planning your days, and much more.