Homeschooling In Oklahoma
Welcome to homeschooling in Oklahoma. Whether you are a new or experienced homeschooler and are looking for information that relates to Oklahoma, you have landed in the right place! Time4Learning understands that many questions may arise as you begin homeschooling. Below, we have organized the core information that new homeschoolers will need to know to begin your journey.
- How to Start Homeschool in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Homeschooling Laws
- Oklahoma Homeschool Associations
- Oklahoma Homeschool Groups and Co-ops
- Oklahoma Homeschool Field Trips
- Oklahoma Standardized Testing and Test Prep
- Why Time4Learning is the Leading Homeschool Curriculum in Oklahoma
This information should by no means be interpreted as legal advice. It is your responsibility to interpret and understand the laws that you will be homeschooling under.
How to Start Homeschooling in Oklahoma
While homeschooling in Oklahoma is pretty relaxed, knowing the requirements is key to a successful homeschooling experience.
- Teach at least 180 days out of the year.
- Send a letter or notice of intent to the principal of your child’s school.
- Research homeschool products to find which homeschool programs fit your students best.
- Begin enjoying homeschooling together.
Oklahoma Homeschooling LawsWhile the state does not burden homeschooling parents with strict requirements, Oklahoma DOE does require that children start instruction at age 5 until at least 18 years of age and receive instruction for at least 180 days per school year. The Oklahoma DOE also suggests that the instruction provided should be equivalent to the education provided by the state. Learn more about Oklahoma’s homeschool requirements and recommendations on our Oklahoma Homeschool Laws page.
Oklahoma Homeschool AssociationsStatewide homeschool associations act as both a support network and a guidebook to the homeschooling process. Prospective, new, and even veteran homeschool parents can benefit from a membership. These associations walk you through every step of your homeschooling journey, alert you to changes in the state homeschooling law, offer a calendar of homeschooling enrichment activities and events, host an annual convention, provide a list of support groups by region, and much more. Read more about Oklahoma’s invaluable statewide homeschool association.
Oklahoma Homeschool Groups and Co-opsJust starting out to homeschool? Don’t go at it alone! Get involved in a homeschool group or cooperative near you and get the help you need throughout the homeschool year. Oklahoma support groups range in approaches, worldviews and more. You are sure to find one that best fits your needs!Find out more on our Oklahoma Homeschool Groups and Co-ops page.
Oklahoma Homeschool Field TripsThere are many places to visit in in Oklahoma! The Sooner State is a wonderland for homeschool families looking for fun, educational field trips. Get an up close and personal view of Oklahoma’s rich pioneer and Native American heritage at the state’s many museums, intriguing wildlife like bats, bison, and bobcats who wander freely in Oklahoma’s awe-inspiring state parks and wildlife sanctuaries, and go exploring underground in the Alabaster Caverns, the only one of its kind in the US. Learn more in our Homeschool Field Trips in Oklahoma blog post.
Oklahoma Standardized Testing and Test Prep
While the Oklahoma State Department of Education does not require homeschool students to take regular standardized tests, you may desire to assess your students’ comprehension of core subject matter such as language arts and mathematics by having them take a grade-level appropriate standardized test. We’ve created this excellent resource on preparing for Oklahoma’s standardized tests, that will walk you through every detail of preparing your children for testing. And, should you eventually move from the Sooner State and discover that your new state requires testing, you and your children will be prepared.
Why Time4Learning is the Leading Homeschool Curriculum in Oklahoma
We live in a digital age, so excellent computer skills are essential to learning and excelling in school and in life. Named one of the best online homeschools by Consumer Affairs, Time4Learning is an A+ homeschool curriculum option.
- Time4Learning’s fascinating and entertaining interactive curriculum captivates your students’ minds so learning is easier. View some of our demos and get an up close and personal tour of our innovative online curriculum.
- Planning is a breeze with our Lesson Planner Tool and Homeschool Planning Worksheets. Set goals and record progress, plan your week, and keep notes on your children’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Enjoy the freedom to create a personalized schedule that matches each child and your family as a whole. Choose to focus on a single subject or work on core subjects such as language arts, science, and mathematics. Or, explore our 4,000+ activities to sharpen your child’s understanding of specific concepts.
- Automated grading and recordkeeping helps parents save time to focus more on the fun aspects of homeschooling.
Try Time4Learning Risk Free!
- PreK-12th Online Curriculum
- 24/7 Access to 3,500+ Lessons and Activities
- Automated Grading & Reporting
- Activity Planner for Easy Scheduling
- Start, Stop, or Pause Membership Anytime