Homeschooling In Alaska
If you live in Alaska or are moving to the state and are interested in homeschooling, you’ll need to learn how to homeschool in Alaska. On this page we’ll give an overview on how to begin homeschooling in Alaska, as well as choices for Alaska homeschool programs, homeschooling groups and other useful information to help you choose the best options for your family.
- How Can You Homeschool in Alaska?
- Alaska Homeschool Laws
- Alaska Homeschool Associations
- Alaska Homeschool Groups and Co-ops
- Alaska Homeschool Field Trips
- Why Time4Learning is the Leading Homeschool Curriculum in Alaska
This information should by no means be interpreted as legal advice. It is your responsibility to interpret and understand the laws that you will be homeschooling under.
How Can You Homeschool in Alaska?
Alaska is one of the most homeschool friendly states in the nation. In fact, getting started is a simple as 1-2-3!
- Decide which legal option to homeschool under
- Choose the ideal curriculum for your family.
- Begin enjoying learning together!
While there are 4 options you can legally homeschool under in Alaska, most parents choose to homeschool under the homeschool statute. This is because it allows families the most freedom and fewest restrictions.
Alaska Homeschool LawsThe steps to homeschooling in Alaska will depend on which option you decide to homeschool under. Currently, there are 4 options you can homeschool under:
- Option 1 – Homeschooling under the homeschool statute
- Option 2 – Homeschool with a private tutor
- Option 3 – Homeschooling with school board approval
- Option 4 – Homeschool as a religious private school
Alaska Homeschool AssociationsWhen you are still in the “research” phase of homeschooling, a state homeschool association can be an incredibly helpful resource. Alaska has a faith-based association called the Alaska Private and Home Educators Association (APHEA) to serve homeschoolers in the state. Find out more about this organization and what it offers in our Alaska Homeschool Associations page.
Alaska Homeschool Groups and Co-opsAlaskan families also have many homeschool groups or coops available around the state. These groups are made up of other homeschool families and can be a great support to you during your period of homeschooling. To discover how to find a support group near you, begin with our Alaska Homeschool Groups and Co-ops page.
Alaska Homeschool Field TripsWith Alaska being the largest U.S state, and with its many natural wonders and a rich history, there is no shortage of fun field trips that offer great educational experiences. Whether with your family, homeschool group, or coop, it will definitely be enriching to take an educational trip with your student. Please make sure to contact each site before you plan your visit, as COVID-19 may have impacted their hours of operations. To browse the natural, historic, and cultural field trips around the state, visit our Homeschool Field Trips in Alaska post.
Alaska Homeschooling by CityHomeschoolers in Alaska will find out that the Last Frontier State offers plenty of resources and destinations to explore. Click below to discover specific opportunities available in Alaska:
Alaska State Test Prep
Standardized testing is a test that measures performance in English grammar, reading, spelling and mathematics. These tests give you more information as to where your child stands in relation to peers, you can also gauge progress in various content areas and on particular skills. Test scores may also help build a stronger homeschool transcript, which is beneficial when seeking admission to some colleges and universities. Learn more in our Alaska test prep page.
Why Time4Learning is the Leading Homeschool Curriculum in Alaska
Every family has different reasons for choosing to homeschool. Yet, whether they make a conscious decision to teach their child or suddenly became accidental homeschoolers, families have one thing in common: they want the best educational experience for their child. Here are just a few of the reasons why Alaskan families agree that Time4Learning is one of the best curriculum tools available.
- Time4Learning appeals to a wide range of learning styles. Our online learning materials are especially well-suited to children who are visual or kinesthetic learners who could benefit from multimedia lessons.
- Children like using the computer to learn. Time4Learning’s online homeschooling in Alaska is a convenient, interactive homeschool resource that provides a welcome change each day to paper-and-pencil workbooks and textbook-based lessons.
- Parents like that it tracks progress and helps children advance by clearly presenting and reinforcing each lesson.
- For Alaskan students looking to graduate with the necessary credits, Time4Learning can help you reach your goals!
Try Time4Learning Risk Free!
- PreK-12th Online Curriculum
- 24/7 Access to 3,500+ Lessons and Activities
- Automated Grading & Reporting
- Activity Planner for Easy Scheduling
- Start, Stop, or Pause Membership Anytime