Kindergarten Lesson Plans
Homeschool kindergarten lesson plans can be a hugely beneficial resource to parents just starting to homeschool. In addition to providing tons of valuable information on what your student will be learning, kindergarten lesson plans can help keep you organized and on task throughout the year.
This page provides information on the Time4Learning kindergarten lesson plans for your homeschool in math, language arts, and science, as well as tips on how to make a lesson plan for kindergarten.
How to Make a Lesson Plan for Kindergarten
Many parents find it helpful to use lesson plans when homeschooling. While many choose to create their own once they know what curriculum they are going to use, Time4Learning takes care of this task for you.
All Time4Learning members have access to our detailed lessons plans for every subject. However, if you prefer to create your own homeschool kindergarten lesson plans, or want to modify an existing lesson plan, below are some tips to assist you.
- Start with an objective for each lesson.
- Write out the lesson in outline form and include any materials needed.
- Break your lesson up into a timeline.
- Warm students up for the lesson with an introduction. This can mean engaging them by asking questions to find out what they already know.
- Present the information by starting with basic facts.
- Assign an activity to gauge how much they understand now that you’ve taught the lesson.
- Give students time to ask questions or clear up any confusion.
- Wrap up the lesson by going over the concept one more time.
Kindergarten Math Lesson Plans
Building solid math skills early on will help set the stage for all the learning that students will do in the future. The Time4Learning comprehensive math curriculum for kindergarten includes over interactive 200 activities that give students the strong foundational skills they need and includes lessons in:
- Counting, reading and representing numbers
- Properties of addition and subtraction
- Identifying shapes and describing the position of objects
- Identifying pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters
- Tools of measurement
Kindergarten Language Arts Lesson Plans
Kindergarten language arts introduce students to the sights and sounds of every letter of the alphabet in order to prepare them to read and write. Students will learn through engaging activities that focus on fluency, reading comprehension, phonics, and phonemic awareness. The Time4Learning kindergarten language arts curriculum is made up of 24 chapters that include over 350 activities that focus on:
- Short and long vowel sounds
- Exploring the parts of a book
- Concepts of rhyme, rhythm, pattern, and syllables
- Recalling details, sequencing events, and drawing conclusions in a story
- Identifying characters, settings, and major events in a story
Kindergarten Science Lesson Plans
Three chapters and over 80 activities make up the Time4Learning kindergarten science curriculum. Students will explore concepts in physical science, life science, and Earth/space. Below are some of the activities your child will take part in.
- Observing and describing matter
- Spatial relationships
- Needs and characteristics of living things
- Different types of animals and their characteristics
- Earth’s different materials
What Is Included In Time4Learning’s Kindergarten Lesson Plans?
As a Time4Learning member, you’ll gain access to our homeschool kindergarten lesson plans that will provide you with everything you need to know about your child’s lessons. Although lesson plans are typically used by educators to teach material, the Time4Learning lesson plans for kindergarten are provided as more of a resource to keep parents informed on what their students are learning since Time4Learning’s online curriculum already teaches the material for you.
The Time4Learning homeschool kindergarten lesson plans include the following information:
- Name of each lesson and activity
- Description and objective
- Activity type (scored, non-scored, printable worksheets, test)
- Activity number
- Number of chapters, activities, worksheets, quizzes within each subject
- Answer keys for printable worksheets