Online Secular Homeschool Curriculum
Are you searching for a complete secular homeschool curriculum? While the homeschool world is full of books, materials, and curriculum choices, they are not all appropriate for a secular homeschool. Even families of faith don’t always want to incorporate religious instruction into their homeschool curriculum. You will need to do your research to determine the best non religious homeschool curriculum for your family.
Time4Learning offers a complete inclusive homeschool curriculum for grades Prek-12. Each child or teen follows their own learning path, with animated lessons, interactive activities, unit assessments, and integrated printable worksheets for reinforcement. Math and language arts lessons correlated to state standards. Science, social studies and art are provided to most grades. Students may also add foreign language learning to their subscription for an additional fee.
What Does Secular Homeschool Mean?
According to SecularHomeschool.com, “a secular homeschooler is a person who, whether or not they ascribe to any particular religious faith, is not homeschooling for religious reasons, but because it is the best choice for themselves and their child(ren).” This is a great definition because it focuses more on what secular homeschool is rather than what it isn’t.
A non religious homeschool can utilize any homeschool style, any schedule, any resources, and any curriculum that works best. It is common, though, for secular homeschooling families to choose a mix of secular homeschool programs to create the ideal education for their children.
What is a Secular Homeschool Curriculum?
A secular homeschool curriculum is a course of homeschool instruction that is not written from a religious worldview. No matter the delivery method—textbook, literature, unit study, online, etc.—a secular curriculum will always be free of faith-based language and undertones.
Secular homeschool families may have different reasons for choosing a secular homeschool curriculum:
- To incorporate a secular worldview into their child’s instruction
- Because they don’t want to influence their child’s religious choices
- Because they believe religious doctrine should be taught separately from traditional subjects such as math, reading, and history
- Because they believe a secular homeschool science curriculum is better aligned with the science instruction their child would receive in public school or college
- To avoid any inherent bias against specific cultures, beliefs, or lifestyles
Is Time4Learning Secular?
Time4Learning understands that many families are looking for a non-Christian homeschool curriculum. Each of the secular activities in the Time4Learning curriculum is standards-based, and correlates with the average public school curriculum. That means that Time4Learning’s math, language arts, science, and social studies lessons are free of religious undertones or biases.
Exercises are presented via animated, interactive, multimedia lessons that feel more like video games than learning exercises. Kids genuinely enjoy the funny sound effects and the quirky cartoon characters delivering the lessons. Plus, the student-paced nature of the program gives them a feeling of independence and sense of ownership over their progress, which is a great motivator.
Key curriculum features:
- 3500+ interactive, multimedia educational activities for prek-12th grade
- Works with many different homeschool styles and student learning styles
- Can be used as a core curriculum or for individual subjects
- The ability to work at different grade levels for different subjects
- Students get individual logins and work on their own schedule and pace
- 24/7 access from any internet-connected device
- Detailed lesson plans available for parents who wish to preview lessons
- An automated system grades lessons and keeps reports for homeschool portfolios
- Subscription can be started and stopped at any time
Want to learn more about secular homeschooling? Visit SecularHomeschool.com where you’ll find resources, a parent forum, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Is Time4Learning a secular curriculum?
Answer: Yes, Time4Learning’s curriculum offers educational solutions to parents who want to supplement their child’s education as well as parents who are homeschooling. All programs offered through Time4Learning are focused on academic excellence and are standards-based.
Question: Does Time4Learning teach evolution?
Answer: Yes, because Time4Learning is a secular curriculum, the scientific theory of evolution is presupposed in all curriculum subjects and is directly taught in the middle and high school science courses.
Question: Is Time4Learning an inclusive curriculum?
Yes, hundreds of thousands of families have chosen Time4Learning as their core curriculum. Because parents have complete control over which lessons, topics, and activities to have their student(s) cover, faith-based homeschoolers have the option to skip over material that does not align with their personal belief system. The curriculum is popular with families of many varied worldviews.
Question: Does Time4Learning teach religion?
Time4Learning’s social studies instruction includes the role of religion in the historical, cultural, literary and social development of humans throughout time. No specific faith or religious belief is advocated in the material; rather, the religion of any culture is referenced in a neutral, objective, and factual manner.