Mississippi Homeschool Associations
In current times, homeschooling is a mainstream educational choice, but that hasn’t always been the case. Across every state in the U.S., at some point, families had to join together to advocate for the right to teach their own child. That advocacy led, in many states, to the creation of statewide homeschool organizations. Mississippi is fortunate to have one of these organizations. On this page, you will learn more about the Mississippi home school association, its goals, and what benefits it might be able to offer your family.
Mississippi Home Educators Association (MHEA)
According to the MHEA website, the goal of the Mississippi Home Educators Association is “to enable, equip, and encourage families committed to teaching their children at home.” MHEA is a faith-based organization with a commitment to tracking MS legislation relating to homeschooling, sponsoring programs that help homeschoolers be better equipped for the challenges of homeschooling, and to encouraging families in their Christian faith.
Benefits Offered By a Homeschool Association
Even if your family is not homeschooling for religious reasons, however, there are still plenty of resources that you may find helpful on the MHEA website, including:
- An overview of Mississippi law relating to home education
- Information for first time homeschoolers to help them get started
- A Facebook page where info, events, and legislative updates about homeschooling in Mississippi are posted
- Sponsored events such as the Mississippi homeschool convention in the spring each year and an annual Capitol Day where homeschoolers can meet with state legislators to promote homeschooling freedoms.
Additional Resources Related to Homeschooling Mississippi
Have other questions about homeschooling in Mississippi? You may find the following pages helpful.
- Homeschooling in Mississippi
- Mississippi Homeschooling Laws
- Mississippi Homeschool Groups and Co-ops
- Homeschool Field Trips in Mississippi
Welcome to Homeschooling Guide
Download this FREE resource where experienced homeschoolers share their stories for how to begin homeschooling, understanding your child academically, planning your days, and much more.