Homeschooling In Hawaii
If you are wondering how to start homeschooling in Hawaii, this page will give you information that will help you get started. You’ll learn the steps to homeschooling in Hawaii, the Aloha State’s homeschooling laws, why you should join a homeschool group, and more.
- How to Start Homeschool in Hawaii
- Hawaii Homeschooling Laws
- Hawaii Homeschool Associations
- Hawaii Homeschool Groups and Co-ops
- Hawaii Homeschool Field Trips
- Why Time4Learning is the Leading Homeschool Curriculum in Hawaii
This information should by no means be interpreted as legal advice. It is your responsibility to interpret and understand the laws that you will be homeschooling under.
How to Start Homeschooling in Hawaii
The steps to homeschooling in Hawaii are the following:
- Submit a letter of intent to homeschool or Form 4140 to the principal of your local public school.
- Choose the ideal curriculum for your family.
- Make sure the curriculum complies with state laws.
- Keep records of the curriculum.
- Students in grades 3, 5, 8, and 10 must participate in the Statewide Testing Program and submit scores.
- Enjoy learning together!
Hawaii Homeschooling Laws
Once you’ve submitted your letter of intent, homeschooling families in Hawaii must meet these requirements:
- Ensure curriculum complies with state laws.
- Keep records of the curriculum.
- Turn in progress reports every year to your local public school’s principal.
To learn more details about the legal requirements for homeschooling in Hawaii, visit our Hawaii Homeschooling Laws page.
Hawaii Homeschool Associations
There are two main homeschool associations:
- Hawaii Homeschool Association (HHA)
- Christian Homeschoolers of Hawaii (CHOH)
Both of these let families take part in activities and events, and give them helpful information and support. Learn more about these organizations and how they can help your family in our Hawaii Homeschool Associations page.
Hawaii Homeschool Groups and Co-ops
Families homeschooling in Hawaii have lots of homeschool groups and co-ops to choose from. These offer resources, enrichment classes, group activities, and more for both parents and children. Whether you’re a new homeschooler or experienced, there are many benefits that come with joining a support group in Hawaii.
To learn more about these support groups and co-ops, visit our Hawaii Homeschool Groups and Co-ops page.
Hawaii Homeschool Field Trips
With lots of natural beauty, historic landmarks, and popular places to visit, homeschooling families in Hawaii have plenty of opportunities to learn and explore. If you’re looking for educational field trip ideas in Hawaii, you’ll find many to choose from including national parks, museums, aquariums, and more.
To browse all the field trips opportunities in the Aloha State, visit our Homeschool Field Trips in Hawaii post.
Hawaii State Test Prep
Standardized testing can be a powerful tool in helping you determine where your child stands in relation to peers, and gauge progress in various content areas and on particular skills. Test scores may also help build a stronger homeschool transcript, which is beneficial when seeking admission to some colleges and universities. Learn more in our Hawaii test prep page.
Why Time4Learning is the Leading Homeschool Curriculum in Hawaii
Families homeschooling in Hawaii don’t need to teach any specific subjects and can use any curriculum they want. However, homeschoolers in Hawaii have to keep records that include dates and times of instruction and list of materials used. For this reason, many families choose Time4Learning since it helps them easily comply with these requirements.
Time4Learning is an award-winning, online curriculum that teaches students math, language arts, science, social studies, and more. Time4Learning also gives parents access to convenient tools and features such as lesson plans, automated grading and recordkeeping, printable worksheets, and more.
Below are some additional reasons why homeschoolers in Hawaii consistently choose Time4Learning’s online curriculum:
- Comprehensive program teaches material and provides opportunities for practice with engaging lessons and activities.
- Flexible, student-paced approach allows students to work in different grade levels by subject and even access material from various levels.
- Printable worksheets reinforce concepts learned online.
- Automated grading and recordkeeping helps parents easily monitor and keep track of their child’s grades while complying with state requirements.
- Award-winning curriculum helps students prepare for the state’s required standardized tests.
- No schedules to follow and 24/7 access mean students can learn when it’s convenient for them.
- Freedom to follow suggested sequence or create individual schedules for students.
- Low monthly fee, no contracts and a 14-day money back guarantee.
Try Time4Learning Risk Free!
- PreK-12th Online Curriculum
- 24/7 Access to 3,500+ Lessons and Activities
- Automated Grading & Reporting
- Activity Planner for Easy Scheduling
- Start, Stop, or Pause Membership Anytime