Homeschooling in Ft. Worth
Homeschoolers in Fort Worth have few regulations and tons of opportunities for hands-on learning, field trips and socialization through groups, co-ops and more! Although homeschooling was already popular in the Lone Star state, the pandemic brought a huge influx of accidental homeschoolers with many questions on how to get started, how to choose the right curriculum, how to keep their children engaged and more.
If you wish to begin homeschooling in Fort Worth, we’ve put together a list of steps you can follow to help you get started. You’ll also find a list of field trips that can help you supplement what your child is studying, as well as how Time4Learning can be the ideal curriculum for your family. Let’s discover what opportunities are available for families in Fort Worth, TX.
- How to Homeschool in Ft. Worth
- Time4Learning Curriculum for Homeschooling in Ft. Worth
- Field Trips in Ft. Worth and Beyond
- Additional Resources Related to Homeschooling in Texas
This information should by no means be interpreted as legal advice. It is your responsibility to interpret and understand the laws that you will be homeschooling under.
How to Homeschool in Ft. Worth, TX
You live in “funky town,” so you know that things are not always what they seem. We do not want homeschooling to be one of those surprises. To get started, follow these steps:
- Know your rights and responsibilities.
- If your child is enrolled in public school, make sure to withdraw him or her.
- Choose a curriculum.
- Get the support you need through homeschool groups and co-ops.
- Make the most of your time learning together!
Time4Learning Curriculum for Homeschooling in Ft. Worth
Homeschooling in the Lone Star State comes with a lot of flexibility. You have your choice among types of homeschooling and curriculum. You can choose to create a hybrid homeschool in Fort Worth, or you can purchase a curriculum that is strictly print or strictly online. Regardless, you want to find a curriculum that is right for your family, is high quality, and is in line with your homeschool budget. As a new homeschooler, you may be more comfortable with a comprehensive curriculum that provides all materials for all subjects for a particular grade level.
Many Fort Worth families are choosing Time4Learning’s PreK to grade 12 curriculum as their homeschool curriculum. Its online format and other features make it convenient and easy for Fort Worth parents who want to spend more time learning with their children and less time planning and keeping records.
Here are some of the reasons that families homeschooling in Fort Worth are turning to Time4Learning:
- Time4Learning’s coverage of Texas-required content areas: reading, spelling, grammar, mathematics, and citizenship provides your homeschool with a good foundation for instruction. You also have the option to add other subject areas (like science and social studies) as well as high school electives.
- Time4Learning allows you to customize your child’s learning by adding other supplemental resources like Time4Languages.
- Time4Learning understands how important it is to give you back the time you need to really enjoy your Fort Worth homeschooling adventure. By including easy-to-use lesson planning and recordkeeping tools, you can truly take advantage of all that Fort Worth has to offer.
- Time4Learning’s engaging, self-paced lessons and activities enable you to individualize your child’s education to align with your child’s learning profile. Fort Worth homeschooling families like that you can adapt the rate and content of instruction, and revisit content and quizzes/tests, all in support of your child with or without special learning needs.
- Our online curriculum includes access to Time4MathFacts, gamified activities to help students in grades 2-5 practice and master their math facts.
- You can join your fellow Fort Worth homeschoolers for no risk, by starting and stopping at any time through a no-contract monthly subscription!
- You can take advantage of our 14-day money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with our program.
Field Trips in Ft. Worth and Beyond
Whether you are looking for some fun homeschool activities in Fort Worth, TX or are simply looking to enhance your child’s learning experience through day trips, below you’ll find a few ideas that will help you get started.
Kimbell Art Museum — Known for both its architecture and its art, this international art institution offers both indoor and outdoor collections, as well as temporary exhibits, educational programs, and an extensive research library. Stop by the information desk to pick up artwork picture cards for the kids, Kimbell Kids stickers, or a free audio tour device. Enjoy the family playroom or be creative in the studio. Watch for programs and special events and be sure to download the family guides to spark discussion about the art. Enjoy The Kimbell from Home if you can’t make the trip.
Fort Worth Museum of Science and History — Explore exhibits about cool animals, dinosaurs and dino digging, climate change, space exploration, and more, or enjoy the Omni Theater and Noble Planetarium. Find out about Homeschool Programs like the Homeschool Family Science Club, the Preschool Family STEAM Club, and live or virtual field trips.
Fort Worth Botanic Garden — Explore the various gardens (like the Japanese Garden or Four Seasons Garden), as well as the Botanical Research Institute of Texas (BRIT), through a self-guided tour or guided field study trip. Homeschool Days feature hands-on learning and scientific inquiry.
Fort Worth Stockyards — Visit this historic district and discover “where the West begins.” Explore the original brick walkways and wooden corrals to experience the history of the Texas livestock industry. Take a train ride, explore the museums, or enjoy a shootout show. Watch for special events, too, like rodeos and concerts.
National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame — Honor the pioneers of the West with a visit to the museum and hall of fame. Once there, you will find interactive exhibit galleries, two theaters, a research library, and a gift shop. Whether you can visit or not, check out these online educational resources! A digital tour is also available.
Do you have some time to explore outside of Fort Worth or even beyond the North Central Texas region? Check out other Texas Field Trips for Homeschoolers!