Arizona Homeschool Associations
Most every state with a large and active homeschool population will also have at least one organization dedicated to supporting the rights of those families. Each statewide homeschool association will have a different focus and approach, but in general, will be dedicated to providing resources and information that help homeschooling families make the most of their educational experience. On this page you will find information on Arizona’s dedicated homeschool organization and discover some of the ways your family can benefit from it.
Arizona Families for Home Education (AFHE)
AFHE is a faith-based organization aimed at serving the needs and protecting the rights of families that choose to homeschool in Arizona. According to their website, the mission of AFHE is to “inspire parents to home educate their children; promote parent-led, privately funded, relationship-based home education; and preserve the freedom to homeschool.”
One of the chief undertakings of the association is the organization of a yearly Arizona Homeschool Convention featuring nationally known speakers and numerous workshops on homeschool-related topics. The Arizona Families for Home Education is a faith-based organization but is open to all homeschoolers in the state.
Membership for AFHE is $35 per year, and includes benefits such as:
- An Arizona homeschool resource packet
- A quarterly magazine
- Discounted membership to HSLDA
- Graduate recognition ceremony
- Discounted admission to the Arizona Homeschool Convention
Why Join a Homeschool Association?
In addition to information on specific aspects of homeschooling, a statewide homeschool association often has other services that families may find useful such as:
- Updates on legal issues relating to homeschool that could impact your family
- A list of ways to connect with other homeschoolers in your local area
- A list of any retail or organizational discounts you may be eligible for as a homeschooler
- Information on scholarships that your homeschooler may be eligible for
Additional Resources Related to Homeschooling Arizona
Have other questions about homeschooling in Arizona? You may find the following pages helpful.