Maybe you’ve explored the different features and pros and cons of both Time4Learning and ABCmouse.com® Early Learning Academy, but there are aspects of each that you think would benefit your student. The truth is that you don’t have to pick one or the other; you can use both curricula to create the best homeschool program for your individual student. Let’s look at how that might work.
A Mix-and-Match Approach to Homeschool
There’s actually an official name for a homeschool style that takes parts from multiple homeschool programs and resources to create a customized education for your child. It’s called “eclectic homeschooling” and a large segment of homeschool families use the approach. Why? Because it’s unusual for one single program or resource to meet all the needs of an individual student.
Every learner is unique. When evaluating your child’s learning needs, you’ll need to consider:
- Your student’s learning style
- Whether your student has a learning disability
- Whether your student is gifted in one or more areas
- Which subjects your student needs additional help with
- How independently your student is able to work
- What extracurricular activities your student is interested in
- What your overall educational goals are for your student
The answers to these questions usually mean picking and choosing more than one homeschool tool to fulfill all your student’s needs.
Using Time4Learning and ABCmouse® Together for Homeschool
There might be several reasons you want to use both Time4Learning and ABCmouse® concurrently in your homeschool. Those might include:
- You already use ABCmouse® for your PreK-2nd grader, but need an additional homeschool program for your older student
- To help students tackle specific subjects or concepts by approaching them from multiple angles
- Using Time4Learning as your core curriculum and ABCmouse® as an entertaining supplement
- A desire to combine the standards-based lessons of Time4Learning with the incentivized learning system of ABCmouse®
Because they are both online programs, it is easy to integrate each into your homeschool schedule. For example, you might have your student do their Time4Learning lessons in the morning hours, then follow up with time on ABCmouse® in the afternoon. Or, if you have students at multiple levels and each has access to an internet-connected device, one could engage with the activities on ABCmouse®, while the other was completing their math, language arts, science, or social studies exercises on Time4Learning.
Want to know more about how Time4learning compares with ABCmouse® for homeschooling? You might be interested in:
- Homeschool Curriculum Review: Time4Learning vs ABCmouse®
- Pros and Cons of ABCmouse® Curriculum vs Time4Learning
- Time4Learning vs ABCmouse®: Features Comparison
- Homeschooling Cost: ABCmouse® vs Time4Learning
Online Curriculum for Homeschool, Afterschool and Summer Use
If you are just learning about Time4Learning, we’d suggest first looking at our interactive lesson demos.
Sign up for Time4Learning and gain access to a variety of educational materials, which will engage and challenge your child to succeed. Make Time4Learning a part of your children’s homeschool resources success.