Washington Homeschool Associations
When families begin considering the idea of homeschooling, their research usually starts at the state level. That’s because, in the United States, homeschool laws and guidelines are decided by each specific state. Most states have at least one statewide homeschool organization to support families in their home education journey.
If you are looking for a Washington homeschool association, you will be delighted to discover that there are two associations established to help families. On this page, you will learn about these two associations and what their individual missions are as well as why you might want to join one or both.
Washington Homeschool Organization
The Washington Homeschool Organization (WHO) is a statewide, non-profit membership organization. Its mission is to serve the diverse interests of homeschooling in Washington State. WHO promotes the interchange of information and support among homeschooling families and support groups throughout the state. It also aims to assist parents who are considering homeschooling with making informed choices.
Members of the Washington Homeschool Organization offers benefits such as:
- Free admission to one curriculum event hosted by WHO
- Opportunity to apply for an organization-specific scholarship
- Discounted registration for the graduation ceremony
- Early registration opportunities for other WHO-sponsored events
Each year, there is a Washington homeschool convention hosted by WHO. It is an inclusive conference, with a variety of both secular and faith-based speakers and vendors featured.
Christian Heritage Home Educators of Washington
In 2005, another statewide support system was established in Washington State. According to their website, the mission of the Christian Heritage Home Educators of Washington is to “equip parents to Biblically disciple and educate their children.” This organization offers both regional and statewide events for homeschoolers, as well as an informative website, e-newsletters, and a Facebook page to keep followers updated on events and resources.
Why Join a Homeschool Association?
The purpose of most any statewide homeschool organization is to support and promote every family’s right to homeschool in that state. Many homeschool organizations offer legal support to homeschoolers who come up against specific issues related to homeschooling, but even when they don’t, they are often a good source of information on what to do or who to contact if you need legal assistance.
Beyond that, though, having a statewide organization means that homeschool families have:
- A centralized place to get the latest information regarding homeschool laws in Washington
- A way to discover upcoming homeschool-related events
- The ability to get answers to questions they may have.
- A way to connect with other homeschoolers in the state for seeking advice and sharing experiences
- The option to attend a state-level conference for homeschoolers
Additional Resources Related to Homeschooling Washington
Have other questions about homeschooling in Washington? You may find the following pages helpful.
- Homeschooling in Washington
- Washington Homeschooling Laws
- Washington Homeschool Groups and Co-ops
- Homeschool Field Trips in Washington
Welcome to Homeschooling Guide
Download this FREE resource where experienced homeschoolers share their stories for how to begin homeschooling, understanding your child academically, planning your days, and much more.