Homeschooling In Utah
Homeschooling in Utah allows parents to take control of their child’s education. Since Utah is one of the friendliest states for home education, the number of homeschoolers continues to grow year after year. We want you to feel confident in your choice to start homeschooling in Utah, and this page will provide you with information on how to enroll in homeschooling, as well as numerous other aspects to help you begin your journey.
- How to Start Homeschool in Utah
- Utah Homeschooling Laws
- Utah Homeschool Associations
- Utah Homeschool Groups and Co-ops
- Utah Homeschool Field Trips
- Utah Standardized Testing and Test Prep
- Why Time4Learning is the Leading Homeschool Curriculum in Utah
- How to Build the Best Homeschool Curriculum for PreK-12 in Utah
This information should by no means be interpreted as legal advice. It is your responsibility to interpret and understand the laws that you will be homeschooling under.
How to Start Homeschooling in Utah
The steps to homeschooling in Utah are quite simple:
- Submit a notarized affidavit to your school district either by mail or in person.
- Enjoy learning together!
Welcome to Homeschooling Guide
Download this FREE resource where experienced homeschoolers share their stories for how to begin homeschooling, understanding your child academically, planning your days, and much more.
Utah Homeschooling Laws
Utah families are required to do the following when homeschooling their children:
- You must complete and submit a notarized affidavit with your local school district. Families can inquire with their local school board to find out what form they require. There is no need to re-file each year if you remain in the same school district.
To learn more details about the legal requirements for homeschooling in Utah, visit our Utah Homeschooling Laws page.
Utah Homeschool Associations
There are two major homeschool associations in the state:
- Utah Home Education Association (UHEA)
- Utah Christian Homeschool Association (UTCH)
Each offers families like yours the much-needed resources to keep you informed, as well as the guidance and support to help you homeschool with confidence. Learn more about these organizations and how they can benefit your family in our Utah Homeschool Associations page.
Utah Homeschool Groups and Co-ops
Families homeschooling in Utah are able to enhance their homeschooling experience by joining the numerous homeschool groups and co-ops in the state. Regardless of where you live, how or why you homeschool, or what your religious beliefs are, you can find a homeschool group that is just right for your family. In addition to receiving support and motivation from other families, your children can also take part in fun, educational events like field trips and group classes.
To learn more about these support groups and co-ops, visit our Utah Homeschool Groups and Co-ops page.
Utah Homeschool Field Trips
You’ll soon discover that being a homeschooler comes with tons of benefits and flexibility, and your educational options are no exception. Families in Utah are free to use the curriculum of their choice, and in addition, they can also take their learning outside the home. Luckily, Utah has tons of fun and educational field trip destinations for you to use as your classroom.
To browse all the field trips opportunities in the Beehive State, visit our Homeschool Field Trips in Utah post.
Utah Standardized Testing and Test Prep
While homeschoolers in Utah are not required to participate in standardized tests, many families do take advantage of these assessments to evaluate their homeschooler’s progress in comparison to other students of the same age.
Depending on the grade level, public school students typically take the following assessments: Readiness Improvement Success Empowerment (RISE) and Utah Aspire Plus. Many parents use Time4Learning as an after-school program to help prepare their students for these tests. Learn more on our Utah Test Prep page.
Why Time4Learning is the Leading Homeschool Curriculum in Utah
Parents homeschooling in Utah are free to use any curriculum and materials to teach their children. In addition, there aren’t any required subjects that must be taught. This leaves you with tons of options when it comes to what your children learn and how they learn it. Time4Learning is a popular online homeschool program with homeschoolers in Utah since it provides an additional level of freedom and flexibility.
Below are some of the reasons why homeschoolers in Utah consistently choose Time4Learning’s online curriculum:
- Comprehensive membership includes math, language arts, science, social studies, and more.
- Flexible, student-paced approach allows students to work in different grade levels by subject and even access material from various levels.
- Interactive lessons, engaging activities and printable worksheets make learning fun.
- Automated grading and recordkeeping helps parents easily monitor and keep track of their child’s grades.
- No schedules to follow and 24/7 access mean students can learn when it’s convenient for them.
- Low monthly fee, no contracts and a 14-day money back guarantee.
- Helps develop independent learning by enabling students to study on their own.
How to Build the Best Homeschool Curriculum for PreK-12
We understand how stressful it can be to find the right homeschool curriculum for your child, especially if you are new to homeschooling. It seems like there are endless options available. So how do you know which one is right for your child? How do you even find the time to research each one?
Being familiar with your child’s learning style is the first step in helping you make an informed decision. Many parents also find that one program is usually not the answer, which is why many families end up mixing and matching various homeschool programs to give their children a more thorough learning experience. Learn more about how to build the best homeschool curriculum for PreK-12.
Online Curriculum for Homeschool, Afterschool and Summer Use
In addition to being an award-winning choice for homeschool families, Time4Learning also offers an online after school program to help build your child’s skills. View our lesson demos and discover why thousands of families in Utah are already using it!
Give your student the chance to get back on track or explore exciting electives and get ahead for the next school year with Time4Learning’s online summer school. Our educational materials will engage and challenge your child to succeed.