10th Grade English Language Arts Curriculum
Before choosing a 10th grade language arts curriculum, parents should make certain that it covers the more difficult reading comprehension strategies, literary analysis, writing methods and more.
The following information will cover what reading, writing and grammar objectives a 10th grader should require, and why Time4Learning’s 10th grade language arts curriculum is particularly effective at teaching this subject.
What English Language Arts Concepts Should a 10th Grader Know?
A typical course of study for 10th grade English language arts will include a diverse selection of world literature organized into thematic chapters. Students will be encouraged to refine their listening, speaking, and writing skills.
In 10th grade English language arts, students will be required to:
- Determine the central idea and purpose of a text.
- Analyze how an author uses historical events to build a claim.
- Organize paragraphs to integrate properly cited research.
- Support conclusions about the influence of historical context on an author’s stylistic choices.
- Select evidence that effectively supports an analysis.
- Identify rhetorical devices and fallacies.
Learn more about Time4Learning’s tenth grade English language arts curriculum by checking out the 10th grade English language arts scope and sequence and the 10th grade English language arts lesson plans.
Reading Goals/Objectives for 10th Grade
A comprehensive tenth grade English language arts program will help your student reach these goals and objectives and more.
- Interpret figurative language to determine the meanings of words and phrases.
- Use reading strategies to improve comprehension.
- Compare and contrast how language supports an author’s purpose in two different genres.
- Explain how propaganda reveals theme.
- Analyze the development of setting through word choice.
Get more detailed information on our homeschool reading curriculum.
Writing Goals/Objectives for 10th Grade
In tenth grade, students will be asked to produce clear and coherent writing assignments in many formats. Some of the writing goals and objectives for 9th graders may include:
- Using phrases correctly to convey ideas precisely.
- Using narrative techniques to develop characters.
- Revising writing to include formal and objective language.
- Organizing paragraphs to integrate properly cited research.
- Supporting a claim with reasons and evidence in an argumentative essay.
Grammar Goals/Objectives for 10th Grade
More advanced grammar concepts will be incorporated into a student’s writing during tenth grade. The grammar goals and objectives a tenth grade language arts curriculum should meet, include:
- Using clauses to convey meaning and add variety to writing.
- Correcting common sentence errors.
- Distinguishing between active and passive voice
- Using punctuation to impact the meaning of a sentence.
- Applying punctuation rules for commas, parentheses, dashes, and colons to writing.
For more information, please visit our homeschool grammar page.
Why Choose Time4Learning Tenth Grade English Language Arts Homeschool Curriculum
Time4Learning’s dynamic 10th grade English language arts curriculum helps students meet their goals and objectives by providing them with the most updated educational tools available. Parents use it in many ways, including: a full time curriculum, an after school learning supplement or a summer learning program.
Teenagers prefer Time4Learning’s computer-based learning system because most teenagers enjoy technology. Parents team up with Time4Learning because it teaches difficult concepts for them and provides effective tools that make their homeschooling experience much more enjoyable.
Below are some reasons why students and parents prefer Time4Learning’s English language arts curriculum for 10th grade to help them achieve their literacy goals:
|As a Full Curriculum
As a fully-online program, students can easily take their homeschool on-the-go. This means no need for textbooks, downloads or installations. Here are even more features and benefits to using Time4Learning as your child’s homeschool program:
|As a Supplement
Our 10th grade math lessons can be used as a full-time curriculum, an after school skill builder, or as a summer learning program. Here are some features and benefits to using Time4Learning to supplement your child’s learning:
Additional 10th Grade Homeschool Resources
Return to the Tenth-Grade Curriculum Overview.
Or explore the our other tenth-grade resources: