High School Lifetime Fitness Curriculum
Staying healthy and in shape should be a lifelong goal rather than a temporary one. A lifetime fitness curriculum aims to educate students on topics such as exercise, nutrition, and stress management to help them make healthy choices throughout their lives.
Time4Learning’s lifetime fitness class covers various topics and concepts so that students have a solid understanding of all the components that go into having a healthy body and mind. This page includes information on why it’s important to study lifetime fitness, what you can expect your student to learn with our course, and more.
Note: This course is also available as an elective for middle school students.
Why Study Lifetime Fitness in High School?
A lifetime fitness class can be beneficial to students for many reasons. Studying lifetime fitness in high school helps students understand the positive effect exercise has on the body and mind, and the role that good nutrition has on their well being.
As students explore topics like fitness, nutrition, sports, and stress management, they’ll learn important concepts that will help them make educated choices and stay healthy throughout their lives. Students will also develop essential life skills such as how to cope with stress, manage their time effectively, and make healthy choices as a consumer.
What Do You Learn in a High School Lifetime Fitness Class?
A lifetime fitness curriculum covers tons of useful concepts that will help students understand the importance of being active and taking care of themselves. After receiving an introduction that covers physical fitness and how to stay safe and injury-free during exercise, students will dive into the fundamentals of fitness and various principles of biomechanics to learn about movement, stability and range of motion.
A chapter on cardiorespiratory and muscular fitness helps students understand different body systems, how they work, and how to care for them. Students will also learn about nutritional needs and healthy eating; the importance of flexibility and healthy body composition; and the skills needed to succeed in sports.
Towards the end of the lifetime fitness class, students will make the connection between stress and health, learn how to set healthy goals, and discover how to be a smart consumer when it comes to health products. They’ll wrap up the course by exploring different career opportunities in the fitness and wellness industry.
High School Lifetime Fitness Curriculum Scope & Sequence
- Your Fitness Log
- Physical Fitness Basics
- Physical Fitness and Lifestyle
- Physical Activity Benefits
- Physical Fitness Attitudes
- Beginning An Exercise Program
- Environmental Conditions and Safety
- Common Sports Injuries and Prevention
- Treatment for Common Sports Injuries
- Principles of Exercise
- Health-related Fitness
- Skill-related Fitness
- Fitness Evaluation
- Stability & Range of Motion
- Integrated Movement
- The Cardiovascular and Respiratory Systems
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Physical Activity and Cardiorespiratory Fitness
- Developing Cardiorespiratory Fitness
- Exploring Activities for Cardiorespiratory Fitness
- The Skeletal, Muscular, and Nervous Systems
- Muscular Strength and Endurance
- Developing Muscular Strength and Endurance
- Safe Weight Training
- Exploring Exercises for Muscular Fitness
- Cumulative Exam
- Factors Influencing Flexibility
- Physical Activity and Flexibility
- Safe and Effective Stretching
- Food and Health
- Nutritional Needs
- Guidelines for Healthy Eating
- Healthy Body Composition
- Determining and Controlling Body Composition
- Body Image and Eating Disorders
- Team Sports
- Individual Sports
- Skills and Tactics
- Participating in Sports
- Being a Good Sport
- Diversity in Sports
- Conflict Management
- Stress and Health
- Coping with Stress
- Time Management
- Setting Healthy Goals
- Activity Selection
- Your Fitness Plan
- Making Consumer Choices
- Choosing Health Services
- Dealing with Consumer Issues
- Fitness Centers and Equipment
- Aging and Fitness
- Lifetime Fitness
- Fitness and Wellness Careers
- Cumulative Exam
Why Choose Time4Learning’s High School Lifetime Fitness Curriculum?
As a comprehensive, award-winning curriculum, Time4Learning understands the importance of providing an online educational program that is both fun and effective. Our high school lifetime fitness class helps students learn valuable concepts and gain useful life skills that will help them stay healthy and be successful, both now and as adults.
Below are several reasons why choosing Time4Learning’s high school lifetime fitness curriculum is the best decision for both you and your child.
- Full year course explores various fitness topics and allows students to assess individual fitness levels.
- Interactive lessons combine humor, real-world connections, and positive reinforcement.
- 7 comprehensive chapters and over 350 activities that cover safety, nutrition, sports, and more.
- Engaging video lessons bring concepts to life and feature rich graphics, charts, diagrams, animations, and interactive tools.
- Course encourages students to design fitness programs to meet their needs.
- 24/7 access means students can log into the course anytime.
- Self-paced approach works well for students with different learning styles, gifted students and children with special needs.
- Automated grading and recordkeeping systems lets parents easily keep track of their child’s progress and effortlessly create high school transcripts.
- Activity planners and curriculum calculators help students stay on track and work independently.
- Flexible curriculum allows you to add or change courses anytime.
- Students can repeat lessons and activities for further understanding and even retake tests and quizzes.
- Customer support team available by phone, email or chat to answer your questions.
- List of Electives Overview
- Environmental Science
- Intro to Communications and Speech
- Art History I
- Concepts in Probability and Statistics
- Intro to Art
- Contemporary Health
- Foundations of Personal Wellness
- Strategies for Academic Success
- Healthy Living
- Personal Finance
- Computer Applications – Office 2019