May 18, 2020
We will be introducing an entire new suite of engaging middle and high school courses soon. Highlights of the new and improved offerings are:
- New! Middle School Social Studies Courses
- Updated Middle School Science Courses
- Updated High School Courses & New! Electives
These courses are being made available as soon as possible so that you have the maximum amount of time to plan ahead for your next school year.
What’s New for Middle School?
New! Middle School Social Studies Courses
We are introducing five, brand-new year-long courses to choose from:
- MS Ancient World History
- MS World History
- MS Civics, Government and Economics
- MS World Cultures and Geography
- MS US History
These new courses include activities which are more in-depth, modern, and interactive than ever before.
Middle School Science Courses
The updated science courses feature experienced educators guiding students through instructional video lessons and interactive activities. Our newest offering, online Virtual Labs, brings concepts to life, promotes inquiry and reinforces material. Students can choose from three, year-long courses:
- Earth Science
- Life Science
- Physical Science
Middle school pricing remains the same – $19.95/month for students in 6th-8th grade.
What’s New for High School?
High School Courses
In addition to upgrading all of our math, language arts, science, and social studies courses, we will also have 11 new electives, bringing our total electives offering up to 14!
New! High School Electives
- Art History I
- Concepts in Probability and Statistics
- Contemporary Health
- Environmental Science
- Foundations of Personal Wellness
- Healthy Living
- Intro to Art
- Intro to Communications and Speech
- Lifetime Fitness
- Personal Finance
- Strategies for Academic Success
High school pricing remains the same – $30.00/month for 4 courses and $5.00 for any additional course.
What Additional Features Will There Be?
- Adobe Flash-Free Courses
- Flash technology will be phasing out at the end of 2020, so all Middle School and High School lessons will be updated with the newest technology. What does this mean? Time4Learning will soon be accessible on a greater variety of mobile devices.
- Automated Grading Assistance to help parents assess student writing
- Option to customize the language the activities are taught in
- Estimated Time on Task will be listed for each activity
What Do These Updates Mean For My Student?
- Student progress will not be interrupted with the updates
- Once new courses become available, you will have the option to switch to the new courses
- Note: If your student is switching mid-course, we will have Transition Guides available that will suggest where to start in the new course based on chapters completed in the older courses.
- Students will have until November 30, 2020 to complete the courses that they are currently enrolled in
- No curriculum changes will be made to the remaining PreK-8 grade courses at this time. Rest assured though, all of Time4Learning will be Adobe Flash free by the end of 2020.
We are excited about these updates, as many of these have been requested from members, just like you! Once the new courses are available, we will share the news here, so stay tuned!
View More Member Notices