3rd Grade Lesson Plans
Looking for a comprehensive curriculum that offers third grade lesson plans? Look no further! If you’re getting ready to homeschool third grade and want to keep things as simple and stress-free as possible, Time4Learning has you covered.
Members have access to our 3rd grade lesson plans in math, language arts, science and social studies. In addition to keeping you in the loop and on top of your child’s learning, our lesson plans will also help you stay organized all year long.
How to Make a Lesson Plan for Third Grade
With Time4Learning, parents don’t need to worry about lesson planning as our curriculum already takes care of that for you. However, if you wish to make some tweaks or additions to current lesson plans we’ve got some ideas to help you with the process.
Whether you want to plan for the year, month, or week, having your third grade lessons laid out will keep you organized, confident, and ready to teach.
- Start with an objective for each lesson.
- Write out the lesson in outline form and include any materials needed.
- Break your lesson up into a timeline.
- Warm students up for the lesson with an introduction. This can mean engaging them by asking questions to find out what they already know.
- Present the information by starting with basic facts.
- Assign an activity to gauge how much they understand now that you’ve taught the lesson.
- Give students time to ask questions or clear up any confusion.
- Wrap up the lesson by going over the concept one more time.
3rd Grade Lesson Plans for Math
Time4Learning’s 3rd grade lessons for math include 372 activities across 25 chapters. In addition to teaching the material, students will have plenty of opportunities to build their skills and practice with engaging activities and printable worksheets in topics such as:
- Introduction to multiplication
- Understanding equivalent fractions with models and number lines
- Word problems (money)
- Classifying angles
- Line and point symmetry
3rd Grade Lesson Plans for Language Arts
In third grade, language arts lessons will focus on building students’ vocabulary, reading comprehension, and grammar skills. There are 12 chapters and over 190+ activities to ensure your child is getting the proper education to achieve their learning goals. Some of the concepts include:
- Main idea and theme: fiction
- Figuring out the meaning of words and phrases in a text
- The writing process: planning and drafting
- Explaining inferences
- Elements of a paragraph
3rd Grade Lesson Plans for Science
Third grade students have plenty of science lessons and ideas for hands-on projects to keep them busy and learning. Students will have access to more than 100+ activities to learn more about energy, Earth, and space as well as learn new skills including:
- Changes in motion
- Adaptations and variations
- Weather and climate
- Measuring energy
- Characteristics of sound
3rd Grade Lesson Plans for Social Studies
Third grade lessons for social studies should include topics on history, geography, and economics, just to name a few. The Time4Learning third grade lesson plans for social studies include 9 chapters and a total of 179 activities related to these topics as well as the following:
- Latitude and longitude
- Northwest passage
- Exploration of southwest
- Landforms and bodies of water
- Duties, heads of government
What is Included in Time4Learning’s 3rd Grade Lesson Plans?
Time4Learning members will have access to detailed 3rd grade lesson plans that can help with scheduling and planning their year. Although lesson plans are typically used to teach material, the Time4Learning third grade lesson plans are designed to keep parents informed on what their students are learning since Time4Learning’s online curriculum teaches the material.
Our 3rd grade lesson plans include information such as:
- Name of each lesson and activity
- Description and objective
- Activity type (scored, non-scored, printable worksheets, test)
- Activity number
- Number of chapters, activities, worksheets, quizzes within each subject
- Answer keys for printable worksheets