8th Grade Lesson Plans
Something that is probably on your mind, besides choosing a curriculum, is creating your own 8th grade lesson plans. Some curriculum products include tools for making your own, while others do not. Time4Learning takes the worry out of planning by offering eighth grade lesson plans in math, science, social studies, language arts and any of our current electives.
If you prefer to create your own lesson plans, we’ve put together some tips to help you get started. Additionally, we list out some of our curriculum lesson plans for 8th grade by subject.
How to Make a Lesson Plan for Eighth Grade
For those parents who want to improve their current 8th grader’s lessons, we’ve put together a list of tips to help you create them. Whether you want to plan the next week or the entire year, having an effective lesson plan in place will help you achieve your learning goals.
- First create your objective for each lesson.
- Jot down an outline that includes the materials that are required.
- Create a timeline for your lessons
- Introduce your students to lesson by giving them an overview and by asking a few questions
- Start the lesson by providing your students with some key facts.
- Once you’ve discussed the lesson, assign some work to measure how much your students have learned.
- Let your students ask questions regarding the parts that they don’t fully understand.
- Finalize the lesson by providing a summary of all they learned.
8th Grade Lesson Plans for Math
Time4Learning’s eighth grade lessons for math consist of over 10 chapters and include over 500 activities. There are multiple activity types to instill skill mastery including non-scored activities, quizzes and printable quiz answer keys.
Here are a few things our eighth grade lesson plans include:
- Rational and irrational numbers
- Numerical expressions with real numbers
- Number theory
- Ratio, proportion and percent
- Expressions and equations
- Linear relationships
8th Grade Lesson Plans for Language Arts
Time4Learning’s eighth grade lessons for language arts consist of 9 chapters in the main curriculum and an additional 12 supplemental chapters and over 100 activities. Here’s a glimpse of what’s included:
- Advanced vocabulary skills including locating and determining the meaning of synonyms, antonyms, idioms and Latin and Greek roots.
- Summarizing, paraphrasing, or synthesizing information from two or more literary or expository texts.
- Identifying the main idea, cause and effect, symbolism, making inferences, mood, tone, and point of view, in a story.
- Correctly identifying vocabulary words with their definition.
8th Grade Lesson Plans for Science
Time4Learning’s eighth grade lessons for science consist of over 10 chapters organized into sections that teach, reinforce and test students on the concepts of matter, physical and chemical properties, and physical and chemical changes. Below is a quick view of what’s included:
- Physical and chemical changes
- Mixtures and solutions
- The periodic table
- Chemistry and physics, including physical and chemical changes, atoms and elements.
- Motion, Force, Gravity and Weight
- Density and Buoyancy
8th Grade Lesson Plans for Social Studies
Lesson plans for 8th grade social studies take a deep dive into the history of the United States through 10 chapters with subsections that teach students about the events that led to the formation of a brand new nation, up until the late 19th century. Some of the chapters include:
- Geography of the nation and the world
- Creating a new nation
- Civil war and reconstruction
- Industrialization and the turn of the century
- 1920’s America
- World War II and beyond
What Is Included In Time4Learning’s 8th Grade Lesson Plans?
Time4Learning’s eighth grade lesson plans include comprehensive information on every lesson and student activity. One thing that may differ from other curriculum programs is that Time4Learning conveniently teaches the courses for you, so there are no teaching instructions included.
You will, however, receive the following:
- Complete curriculum details for all eighth grade courses
- Description and objectives for all courses and lessons
- Number of chapters, activities, quizzes within each subject
- Activity type (scored, non-scored, test)
- Easy access to additional chapters within each subject
- Various activities that help ensure skill mastery including non-scored activities and quizzes