Is there anything like SuccessMaker® for students studying at home?
Finding a good tutoring program or curriculum is one of the ongoing challenges for parents. While the Internet is full of curriculum reviews and discussions, sifting through the various options can be confusing. At Time4Learning, in response to frequent questions from parents, we hope to give you useful insights into the programs you’re investigating and how Time4Learning’s online system compares to and complements such curriculums.
You can jump to the following sections:
- SuccessMaker® from Pearson Education
- Time4Learning: Similar to SuccessMaker® for Homeschool Use!
- Online Home Based Learning of the Highest Quality, Lowest Cost
- A New Approach to Homeschooling
- Some Helpful Tools and Resources
SuccessMaker® from Pearson Education
What is SuccessMaker®? SuccessMaker is an educational software program from Pearson Education Inc., a leading educational publisher. Sold to public and private schools, SuccessMaker is also used by SCORE! Educational Centers™. (These tutoring centers are currently in 11 states, including California, Texas and New York.) SuccessMaker is an educational software program from Pearson Education Inc., a leading educational publisher. Sold to public and private schools, SuccessMaker is also used by SCORE! Educational Centers™. (These tutoring centers are currently in 11 states, including California, Texas and New York.)
SuccessMaker® offers standards-based reading/language arts, mathematics, and English language development/ESL curriculum. It also provides content learning, with science and social studies lessons incorporated into the math and reading curriculum. Delivered online, SuccessMaker uses adaptive software to match the instructional needs of each student. The program’s difficulty level adjusts automatically in response to the student’s answers, thereby providing a learning experience that is neither too easy nor too difficult. This level adjustment, along with assessment and reporting tools, helps teachers and parents address areas of weakness and recognize progress.
Time4Learning is vibrant, engaging, educational, and funny. It sure beats our previous homeschool curriculum which was textbook/workbook based.
Time4Learning is so effective that very little intervention is required. This works great if you're homeschooling multiple children.
Time4Learning: Similar to SuccessMaker® for Homeschool Use!
Sometimes the parents’ biggest problem is that they are doing education at home! While more resources are becoming available, many educational publishers don’t sell their curriculum products for home use. Time4Learning is a leading educational technology provider for home use. Time4Learning primarily provides Edgenuity® ’s award-winning Odyssey program. Edgenuity provides Odyssey in classrooms across the U.S., and through Time4Learning, it’s available for home use nationwide.
Research-based and proven to work, Edgenuity has an approach similar to SuccessMaker Enterprise Edition. Like SuccessMaker, Edgenuity’s Odyssey provides students with an individualized learning path tailored to their specific needs. Aligned to state and national education standards, Odyssey offers interactive lessons and learning activities in reading/language arts, writing, math, science, and social studies. Odyssey’s cutting-edge curriculum delivers systematic direct instruction in each subject, and promotes real-world exploration, problem solving, and independent study. Learn more about Edgenuity.
Here’s how your children can benefit daily from this innovative, nationally recognized curriculum offered for home use exclusively through Time4Learning:
- Match Your Student’s Level and Needs. The program is calibrated to each student’s learning level and uses individualized learning paths designed to ensure each child’s achievement. The self-paced, modularized lessons give you the flexibility to pick and choose lessons for your child or follow the prescribed scope and sequence.
- Engage Your Child in Learning. The program uses a variety of teaching strategies that appeal to multiple learning styles. The engaging lessons and activities will give your children many opportunities to master each skill/concept, whether they favor visual (seeing), auditory (listening), or kinesthetic (doing) learning modalities. Click to find out more about learning styles and Time4Learning.
- Access the Latest Technology. Imagine your child being taught by state-of-the-art educational technology delivered directly to your home computer via the Internet? Children love using the computer and with Time4Learning, they’re using the best learning technology available.
- Easily Help Your Child. With Odyssey’s intuitive management tools, parents can easily make sure that their child is both on task and on track. There’s no guesswork with instant access to lesson plans, assignments, test scores, and progress reports. Simply by printing these plans and assignments, parents can also create a homeschool schedule and portfolio, saving time and keeping everyone organized. In Time4Learning’s online member’s forum, parents and caregivers share ideas, discuss issues, and post questions.
- Meet Your Needs. Because of its flexibility and depth of content, Odyssey works equally well as a homeschool curriculum, or for after school reinforcement, summertime enrichment, focused skill improvement, or test preparation. The program complements other programs too, encouraging a balanced educational structure within the home.
My children's favorite part of the day is their time on Time4Learning. This is the easiest and most consistently productive curriculum we've used!
My kids can work independently or with my involvement. Time4Learning has enriched their education and simplified my life!
Online Home Based Learning of the Highest Quality, Lowest Cost
Unlike other software programs and tutoring tools, Time4Learning is offered at a surprisingly low cost. In fact, Time4Learning’s cost for six months is less than the monthly cost of most tutoring centers. As an added bonus, Time4Learning also includes a two-week money-back guarantee. Check out our grade-by-grade curriculum overview to see what’s available.
A New Approach to Homeschooling
At Time4Learning, we are proud to make this comprehensive, widely acclaimed educational solution available. Now any parent or caregiver, who wants to give their child all the benefits of a top-rated online curriculum, can do so within the comfort of the home environment, conveniently and economically. This is a unique opportunity to give your children the outstanding educational advantage of one of the most respected and popular programs on the market today.
SuccessMaker® is the registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc. Time4Learning is not in any way affiliated with Pearson Education, Inc . Time4Learning’s purpose with this page is to provide information to families who are considering homeschool curriculums, or who wish to compare the benefits of using both curriculums . Time4Learning’s products and services are not endorsed or sponsored by Pearson Education, Inc. or Score! Educational Centers™.
Some Helpful Tools and Resources
Welcome to Homeschooling Guide – Are you new to homeschooling?This guide was written by seasoned homeschoolers to answer some of the difficult questions new families often struggle with.
Curriculum Lesson Plans – An overview of what’s available for each grade and subject.
Homeschool Portfolio Information – Answers common questions about homeschool portfolios and evaluations. It includes tips on organization methods, what to include and how Time4Learning can be used as part of your homeschool portfolio.
Online Parent’s Forum – Reach out to homeschoolers in your area, join discussions, ask questions and trade ideas on our online community of homeschooling parents. Having the support of seasoned homeschoolers can really help make your homeschooling journey a success.
Hints & Help Section – Whether you’re new to Time4Learning, a long term member, or a future member with questions about how the program works, this section answers questions about navigation, lesson planning & previewing, how the teacher guides and worksheets work, and more!