7th Grade Social Studies Curriculum
At Time4Learning, we believe that giving students the essential tools and knowledge to think analytically about history and society will help them become productive citizens and make informed decisions. By providing the lesson plans, activities, and assessments, we make teaching 7th grade social studies straightforward and stress-free.
On this page you will discover what 7th graders are learning in social studies, get a handle on the general 7th grade social studies objectives, and find out how Time4Learning’s seventh grade social studies curriculum helps homeschool families achieve their goals for this important year of education.
What Do You Teach in 7th Grade Social Studies?
Depending on the education laws in your state, a typical course of study for 7th grade social studies will include geography lessons, citizenship (including rights and responsibilities), government (federal and state), civics and economics, the right to vote and political systems around the world. In many cases, homeschool families will have a lot of flexibility in how to approach this subject.
Time4Learning offers the courses below for parents to choose from:
- Middle School Ancient World History
- Middle School World History
- Middle School Civics, Government, and Economics
- Middle School World Cultures and Geography
- Middle School U.S. History
At Time4Learning, we recommend the Civics, Government, and Economics or the World Cultures and Geography for 7th grade. However, parents can select any course they prefer.
Social Studies Objectives for Seventh Grade
A good 7th grade social studies curriculum should provide your student with the skills and perspectives they need to become active, informed citizens and contributing members of local, state, national, and global communities in the digital age.
Overall, your 7th grade social studies lessons should move your middle schooler toward:
- Identifying economic, political, and social factors that can affect thoughts and behavior
- Analyzing primary and secondary sources for reconstructing the past and understanding historical perspectives
- Using higher order thinking skills to analyze information and use it to present a reasoned argument or position in a written format
- Explaining how major events are related to one another in time.
- Comparing and contrasting different interpretations of current and historical events.
- Conducting research on a topic using multiple, reliable sources
Why Choose Time4Learning Seventh Grade Social Studies Homeschool Curriculum?
Time4Learning can be an invaluable partner when you are teaching 7th grade social studies in your homeschool. Our online curriculum helps meet each of the above goals using a combination of multimedia lessons, printable resources, and graded activities.
Specifically, for 7th grade, Time4Learning offers a choice of two middle-school-level social studies courses. Civics, Government, & Economics gives your homeschooler the opportunity to explore the structure of the United States government on a national, state, and local level. Or families may choose World Cultures and Geography, which helps students understand the Earth’s physical and human diversity.
Some of the reasons that homeschool families choose Time4Learning for seventh grade social studies instruction include:
|As a Full Curriculum
||As a Supplement