PreK - 8th Grade
$19.95 / student
$14.95 / month for each additional PreK - 8th student
$30 / student
Includes 4 Courses
- Online Curriculum for
PreK to 12th Grades
- 1,000+ Student-Paced Multimedia Activities
- Language Arts, Math, Science & Social Studies
- Interactive, Project-Based Activities
- Detailed Reporting for
- Lesson Plans & Teaching Tools for Parents
- Lessons Correlated to State Standards
I LOVE Time4Learning!
It holds the attention of my kids, plus I can keep track of their learning without hovering over their shoulders.
I'm so thankful for your program!
My kids have so much fun with the activities that they don't even notice that they're learning!
I am really pleased with Time4Learning. It has made a world of difference in my son's academic performance in school!
Science Curriculum Overview
Time4Learning offers an online, interactive science curriculum for kindergarten to twelfth grade that can be used for homeschool, afterschool and summer skill building.
Our kindergarten through 5th grade science is organized into grade levels and included as a free bonus. The K-3 science content now includes activities from Science4Us, a comprehensive, digital science program for early elementary students. For sixth grade through high school, the science curriculum is organized into courses which do correlate to state standards.
This page provides detailed information about:
Time4Learning has been refined through years of feedback from educators, parents, and students. It has a low monthly price, requires no contracts and offers a 14 day money-back guarantee. Get started today.
Science Curriculum Overview
Time4Learning offers an interactive online science curriculum as part of its online education program. The materials are presented using a combination of multimedia lessons, instructional videos, printable worksheets, quizzes, tests and both online and offline projects. An automated, student-paced system teaches the lessons, reinforces concepts, tracks progress, and keeps printable reports that can be turned into student transcripts or included with homeschool portfolios.
Time4Learning can be used with a broad array of student types, learning styles, and homeschooling methods. The majority of the families using Time4Learning are homeschoolers. Some use it as their primary curriculum, while others use it to supplement or as part of an eclectic approach.
Time4Learning's Elementary Science Curriculum
Elementary science is available from kindergarten to fifth grade, is organized by grade level, and is included as a bonus. Our elementary science now includes activities for K-3 from Science4Us, a comprehensive, digital science program.
- Kindergarten science - In the kindergarten curriculum, students will be introduced to science concepts that build upon what children already know, which enables them to connect to new concepts and skills. These concepts are taught using age-appropriate interactive lessons with fun songs and characters. In the inquiry module, students will investigate and experiment with tools. The physical science module will show students how to describe objects and sort them by their physical properties. In the life science module, students will observe and investigate plants and animals. And in the earth/space science module, students are exposed to materials.
- First grade science - Students distinguish between living and non-living things, are introduced to earth science, and learn about some of the people who have contributed to the field of science. With the addition of Science4Us, students will also have access to material that covers physical and space science. View the first grade science lesson plans to learn more.
- Second grade science - Life science is explored through patterns in nature as well as living and nonliving things, and animals. Physical science is introduced with lessons on force and motion, matter and energy. And earth/space science, is a continuation from first grade, but also exposes students to earth in space. Physical science is introduced with lessons on force and motion and earth science is continued from first grade. View the second grade science lesson plans to learn more.
- Third grade science - Skills related to scientific investigation are developed in along with more work on energy, force and motion. The nature of matter and ecology are also introduced this year. View the third grade science lesson plans to learn more.
- Fourth grade science - Scientific investigation skills are further developed, along with changes in matter and energy. Science lessons introduce sound and the solar system. View the fourth grade science lesson plans to learn more.
- Fifth grade science - Electricity, light and organisms are introduced in the science curriculum, while studies continue in scientific investigation, classification of living things and lifecycles and reproduction. Weather is looked at in-depth in the fifth grade science lessons as well. View the fifth grade science lesson plans to learn more.
Back to the top or sign up now.
Middle School Science Curriculum
Middle school science is organized into three primary courses that correlate to state standards: Earth/Space Science, Life Science, and Physical Science. Middle school science covers materials typically offered at the sixth to eighth grade level, although parents have the option of choosing a middle school science course if they have students in fourth grade and above. In addition, Nature of Science is provided as an added supplement with each of the middle school courses.
- Earth/Space Science Course - Teaches students about Earth's structure, geologic processes, plate tectonics, oceans and the water cycle, Earth's atmosphere, weather and climate, our solar system, stars, and galaxies. Students also investigate how the motions of the sun, the moon, and Earth create days, seasons, years, eclipses, phases of the moon, and tides.
- Life Science Course - Covers the characteristics of living things, plant and animal cell structures, the characteristics of unicellular and multicellular life, genetics, classification of organisms, the structure and function of human cells tissues organs and organ systems, and the structure and function of plants.
- Physical Science Course - Covers chemistry and physics, including physical and chemical changes, atoms and elements, mixtures and solutions, the periodic table, states of matter, motion, gravity, density and buoyancy, energy, heat, the properties of waves, and light.
- Nature Of Science Supplement - The Science of Nature materials are supplemental, recommended for use alongside the Life Science, Physical Science, and Earth/Space Science courses. It will be included when parents register for any middle school science course. Nature of science teaches students how to safely and correctly use scientific equipment, take measurements, conduct experiments and investigations, collect and analyze data, draw conclusions, evaluate evidence, and present their work.
See the middle school science curriculum overview for more information.
Back to the top or sign up now.
In middle school Life
Science, students are
introduced to genetics
In this lesson, students
learn about the molecular
structure of DNA.
High School Science Curriculum
High school science is organized into five standards-based courses: Biology, Earth/Space Science, Physical Science, Chemistry, & Physics. In each high school course, literacy is addressed in the activities in the form of vocabulary, comprehension, fluency, and writing activities. High school courses are based on the principle that an understanding of science is necessary in the modern world. Materials apply science principles to everyday life, encouraging students to investigate, explore, experiment, and hopefully- to learn to love science.
- Biology Course - Teaches the concepts of life on Earth and its interactions with both living and nonliving matter. Students investigate living things through the scientific process. Many types of organisms will be covered, including animals, plants, viruses, bacteria, and protists. Students will also study the interdependence of different kinds of life within one ecosystem.
- Earth/Space Science Course - Teaches students about the earth, weather, oceans, the solar system, and space exploration. Students will gain an overall awareness of the Earth's structure, components, and how the different elements that make up our planet are interrelated with those found in the universe.
- Physical Science Course - Teaches the concepts of matter and energy. Students investigate matter through its states and properties. They investigate force, motion, and magnetism as well as energy in a variety of forms.
- Chemistry Course - Explores the composition of matter and the physical and chemical changes that can occur to matter. Students explore chemistry by studying the atom, the combination of atoms in compounds, and interactions between matter and energy.
- Physics Course - Teaches about matter and energy and how they interact. Students use mathematics to investigate motion and its relation to force and momentum. Other topics include energy, rotational mechanics, thermodynamics, temperature, and heat.
Back to the top or sign up now.
The Time4Learning Curriculum Structure
Time4Learning has been refined through years of feedback from educators, parents, and students. Subjects are organized into chapters composed of interactive lessons, printable worksheets, quizzes and tests. Students are guided through the activities at their own pace by an automated system.
When students log in, they choose a subject, select a chapter, pick a lesson and complete the activities. A check-mark tells them where they left off, and completed work is clearly labeled with a check-mark or a gold star. Visual and auditory prompts guide students through the lessons, making it easy for even young learners to follow, and an online playground (controlled by parents) rewards and motivates them to finish their lessons.
Parents get access to printable lesson plans, teaching tools, detailed reporting and parental support through our online Parent Forum.
Does your child have different achievement levels for math and language arts? No problem! Time4Learning lets you set each individual subject at the appropriate graded level, making this curriculum great for special needs and gifted students.
Jump back to the top or sign up now.